Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #31

Headers got a new coat of high heat ceramic paint. Rustoleum 2000, great stuff.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #32

STEP 1 of install is complete, the block is in. Wasnt the easiest job to line it up with the torque tube shaft.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #33

Motor is basically complete. Cranked it to prime the oiling system. Rotated smoothly, so far so good. All thats left is installing the cooling and power steering systems.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #34

I had a couple people ask me what my custom exhaust setup looked like, so here is a picture. It weighs A LOT less then a complete xpipe with traditional mufflers. These are NOT cherry bombs. Its a moddified TSP xpipe with a pair of Dynomax 3in bullet mufflers and turn downs. The placement of the mufflers isnt the best for low speed exhaust scavenging but I put this together for wot performance. I gained .3 and 3mph at the drag strip with this setup. Oh yeah...its loud.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #35
pain's fun, hit me again

Wait, so you cranked the engine to prime the oil rather then priming the pump? Yikes.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #36
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Natie View Post

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Wait, so you cranked the engine to prime the oil rather then priming the pump? Yikes.
Turned the starter basically, plugs out and fuel pump disconnected. You turn the motor till oil gets too the heads.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #38
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Natie View Post
Turned the starter basically, plugs out and fuel pump disconnected. You turn the motor till oil gets too the heads.
Yeah, thats not good to do. You want to prime the oil pump. Cranking the engine to prime the oil isnt safe. Engine oil is needed the most on start up, so you might as well be cranking with no oil in it at all. Just for future reference.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Yeah, thats not good to do. You want to prime the oil pump. Cranking the engine to prime the oil isnt safe. Engine oil is needed the most on start up, so you might as well be cranking with no oil in it at all. Just for future reference.
There is already assembly lube all over the rotating assembly and valvetrain. This seems to be the common practice for these motors. The block always had oil in it until the end when installed the oil pan so it wasnt ever completely dry. The crank wont get damaged with no load.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #40

Oil pump was packed with vaseline too to help with suction on first startup and also act as lube.