Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #31
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm assuming you went to the guy you were instructed to see and dropped the right reference, correct? I have more flexible day time hours, so if you need some help, I can run it around for you.

It's sad to say, but I genuinely think the average skill level for the trades (across the board) have gone down within just the last 20 years or so.
It was the right place, they just did a terrible job on the top part.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
It was the right place, they just did a terrible job on the top part.
Demand to speak with the manager, and bitch until it's done right. I can also bring the car in for you. Don't settle.

And about the code, always, always look at the mileage when you drop your car off for service. You need to make sure that the workers aren't taking it out for a joy ride.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #33
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . .

And about the code, always, always look at the mileage when you drop your car off for service. You need to make sure that the workers aren't taking it out for a joy ride.
I thought the same thing. Also, some people go so far as to install a "Valet" program for computer controlled vehicles.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #34
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I thought the same thing. Also, some people go so far as to install a "Valet" program for computer controlled vehicles.
They didn't. It had .1 mile more than when I dropped it off. I think they may have upset a sensor when they had the bumper or the panel off.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #35
A Motorgen O.G.

I can't drive stick, but I'll take your car in if you need it. I don't think it's that hard.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #36
Resident Avatar Gambler

o after posting here and a few other forums I decided to go with Autobahn. I dropped my car off on a Wednesday two weeks ago and I got it back the first time that Friday. They fixed the driver's quarter panel and bumper. I checked the repair and it looked good. Then I got in the car and it had an SES light on. The mileage was only .1 higher, so I knew it was probably just a sensor. The shop apologized, sent me to another shop around the corner and they cleared the code for me. It never came back on. When I got home though I noticed that they had painted the c-pillar to blend the paint. It looked horrible. It had pitting, was bubbly, and actually had some piece of black rock in the paint along with dust and other junk. I looked at the other C-Pillar on the passenger side for a comparison and noticed that it also had two fresh scratches. I was obviously not a happy camper. My wife called the shop and they apologized and told her to bring the car in. She took it back on Wednesday(1 week from original dropoff). They said they would repaint both C-pillars and while it was there I also had them paint the hood (it had a crack in the fiberglass from someone pushing on the hood too hard that was spreading). They had done a good job on the panel, so I figured the pillar was maybe just bad paint or something. The paid for the rental car and were totally cool about everything. I would give there customer service an A for sure. They were very reasonable and cool about everything. Anyway, I went and picked the car up again yesterday during my lunch. I looked at everything the best I could and it looked fine. Upon further inspection today though, I've noticed a few things. The hood has a bubble in it. Nothing terrible, but it shouldn't have anything in it in my opinion given the fresh repaint(does anyone know if anything can be done about this on a fiberglass hood, can it be sanded out or anything?). Secondly, the drivers c-pillar doesn't match at all colorwise and looks like it's not perfectly lined up. Not even really close as far as color. It's way too bright and totally different. Third, the passengers side C-pillar does match, but I can still see traces of the scratch. They said they repainted it though and I believe them, but it's weird I can still see it. Overall I feel like they were totally reasonable about having the car in twice(EXCELLENT customer service), but the work overall is pretty mediocre(putting it nicely). I don't want to go back again though because I feel like I would just be bugging them and being picky at this point, especially given how reasonable they were about repainting everthing and paying for the rental. I'm thinking I'll live with it for now and in a few years maybe just paint the whole thing. What a horrible experience overall.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:17 PM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
. . . What a horrible experience overall.
I've said it once, I'll say it again. Real skill and craftsmanship for many trades seems to be a thing of the past. As a society we just don't esteem people who devote years of their time apprenticing, perfecting manual skills, before they even begin their career. All we care about collectively is that it's fast and cheap. This kind of thing is all too often the result.

Also, you know the Ferrari guys would be bouncing off the walls if they had the same experience. I'm slightly inclined to believe they're just putting the C crew on your car. I can hear it now, "Fing Ford, are you serious? Get it out of here."

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #38
Resident Avatar Gambler

Well the Cobra goes back AGAIN tomorrow. As fun as it is being the only two-tone 04 around, I'm hoping this time things get resolved.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:50 PM   #39
Resident Avatar Gambler

Well, I'm dropping her off again at 8 tomorrow morning. The manager is involved now, so I'm cautiously optimistic they get it right this time. They're going to fix everything listed above. I'll let everyone know.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #40
A Motorgen O.G.

Update........?