Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chate View Post
Next Q: what exactly does a tune entail? based on when Paul took a look at my car (it was on a day that she WAS NOT shaking...figures...he mentioned that it was running rich) could the shake and bake and all the other crap possibly be fixable just by getting it tuned by someone good? Its looking like a couple hundred bucks, but if i can spend that and resurrect my Nisha, i'll be saving WAY more than buying another car (and the heartbreak of getting rid of this one)

I know, all i do is ask questions, i'm sorry, in return, when you guys get old i can tell you about ur drugs and how to get em for cheap
Have you replaced your O2 sensors? If they're original and over 100k miles, they may just be fried. This will give the computer bogus data with which it will instruct the motor to do bogus things, like running way rich, alter timing etc.

It sounds like your problems go beyond mere tune territory. Next time you're up here bring it on buy, we'll do some tweaks and I'll poke around a bit. In the meantime, buy a can of SeaFoam and dump it in your full tank. It's a pretty wicked solvent and will clean your injectors.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 AM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Chate

Paul also told me about sea foam, did it once but no significant difference, did it again about a month later and same thing. Was gonna go for a 3rd but wal-mart doesnt have it in SD! they carry some b12 stuff that comes in a can but never heard of it?

wouldnt the O2 sensors throw codes though? One of the mechanics who checked out the car did some test with the computer attached where he was checking these graph things (damn i wish i wasnt so ignorant) but he said the sensors look OK?

Also, i went for a long drive yesterday (car's been sitting for 2 weeks) and noticed the shaking at idle wasnt happening but there was serious sluggishness up high between 55-80mph, using pure chetan logic, does this mean injectors might not be delivering enough fuel to the engine? or maybe fuel pump is going bad? i just want there to be a code for everything, is that so much to ask???