Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #31
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ron, how much is an 8.8 31 spline rear end out of an Explorer?

If you're seriously interested in doing something like that with the Thunderbird I'll seriously consider picking it up and finding a way to store it. My condition is that you be on tap as the main guy for the build. I'm also in no position at present to fund two cars simultaneously, so I wouldn't start it until RX-Snake is done and the dough is flowing again. But I'm intrigued.

The other project we were talking about on Sunday was a 2nd Gen Camaro with a 2JZGTE in honor or Glenn.
I'd love to do this.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Please see continuation of this subject in this forum.

Glenn it's a tentative yes, but I have to sort some things first.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-16-2009, 01:29 AM   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:

You should sell the truck or the jeep, you have a DD and you only need one truck like vehicle for moving transmissions back and forth. Adam's words of wisdom, less DDs and more toys. Or... more money in the bank for other ventures.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You should sell the truck or the jeep, you have a DD and you only need one truck like vehicle for moving transmissions back and forth. Adam's words of wisdom, less DDs and more toys. Or... more money in the bank for other ventures.
The Jeep is about the last thing I'd ever sell. I got it when I was 16 (more than half my life already). I have actually considered selling the truck. Eventually I need a trailer to hall our crap around on and if the Jeep could do it (with a V8 of course) and I could use it for getting sheet goods, etc. There's not too compelling of a reason to have the truck in my case.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
The Jeep is about the last thing I'd ever sell. I got it when I was 16 (more than half my life already). I have actually considered selling the truck. Eventually I need a trailer to hall our crap around on and if the Jeep could do it (with a V8 of course) and I could use it for getting sheet goods, etc. There's not too compelling of a reason to have the truck in my case.
Put your L83 in the Jeep, buy a trailer hitch.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #36
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Put your L83 in the Jeep, buy a trailer hitch.
Not legal. Has to be from the same year or later, my case a 91. But you can get brand new 5.4 Tahoe Engines for like $2k now. That would be the far better choice.

But would about towing a 20' Trailer behind a short wheelbase Jeep. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #37

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad

Quote:
Ron, how much is an 8.8 31 spline rear end out of an Explorer?

If you're seriously interested in doing something like that with the Thunderbird I'll seriously consider picking it up and finding a way to store it. My condition is that you be on tap as the main guy for the build. I'm also in no position at present to fund two cars simultaneously, so I wouldn't start it until RX-Snake is done and the dough is flowing again. But I'm intrigued.

The other project we were talking about on Sunday was a 2nd Gen Camaro with a 2JZGTE in honor or Glenn.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=196714

It's an old post - but gives you an idea of asking price.

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)

Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not legal. Has to be from the same year or later, my case a 91. But you can get brand new 5.4 Tahoe Engines for like $2k now. That would be the far better choice.

But would about towing a 20' Trailer behind a short wheelbase Jeep. Seems like an accident waiting to happen.
What year is the truck?

And why don't you just put the Jeep body and frame on your old Vette engine. That way it would really be an 82 Vette.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #39
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
What year is the truck? . . .
1996 GMC Sierra 1500, long bed w/liner. It's a great working truck.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #40
Neanderthal

Quote:

Ok, sounds fine.
2016 Nissan Altma