Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #31
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's entirely your business Glenn. It's a character flaw of mine to give unsolicited advice.

New gig? Sounds intriguing.
Hey, you know I want your unsolicited advice. I'm ALWAYS interested in what you have to say.

So far it looks like it will be too far to drive though. Remember I walk to work and money for gas is not an issue. Sort of like giving myself a raise.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Hey, you know I want your unsolicited advice. I'm ALWAYS interested in what you have to say.

So far it looks like it will be too far to drive though. Remember I walk to work and money for gas is not an issue. Sort of like giving myself a raise.
Walking to work is damn hard to beat and worth a lot in money AND time. It would take 10s of thousands of dollars a year for me consider giving up that kind of convenience. It also depends a great deal on the work environment. If you're walking to a place you like to work at, you've got it made. If it sucks, well then, then driving to a better place is well, better. Lot's to consider.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
Neanderthal

Quote:
Walking to work is damn hard to beat and worth a lot in money AND time. It would take 10s of thousands of dollars a year for me consider giving up that kind of convenience. It also depends a great deal on the work environment. If you're walking to a place you like to work at, you've got it made. If it sucks, well then, then driving to a better place is well, better. Lot's to consider.
I guess driving to work wouldn't be so bad if I DID NOT have to talk to people.
The talk would be almost 2/3s more a year then I make now. But, what's 2/3s of shit.

So I may just make do here and see if I can scrape up what I would need for a 2010 Grand Sport. Probably end up with a Matrix.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I guess driving to work wouldn't be so bad if I DID NOT have to talk to people.
The talk would be almost 2/3s more a year then I make now. But, what's 2/3s of shit.

So I may just make do here and see if I can scrape up what I would need for a 2010 Grand Sport. Probably end up with a Matrix.
Is this for you or Darlene, or both? If it's for your car, have you considered spending a fraction of what you'd spend on a new car at that level on the Vette to make it kinda cherry? You could certainly get some help with labor from around here. Then you wouldn't be chained to payments. You could just accumulate and spend as you have it on what you've always wanted to do on the Vette. Just an idea. Of course I understand the allure of a new car. I'm not immune to it . . . just highly resistant.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #35
Neanderthal

Quote:
Is this for you or Darlene, or both? If it's for your car, have you considered spending a fraction of what you'd spend on a new car at that level on the Vette to make it kinda cherry? You could certainly get some help with labor from around here. Then you wouldn't be chained to payments. You could just accumulate and spend as you have it on what you've always wanted to do on the Vette. Just an idea. Of course I understand the allure of a new car. I'm not immune to it . . . just highly resistant.
For what I would want to do to the 64 I would need $40,000. Darlene still couldn't drive it. So....................

Any the technology these days are light years ahead of what I could do to the 64.

Right now I'm doing the Wish list shit. The Camaro is still number one on the list with the Grand Sport (or 09 Z51) a close second.

If I decide to wait a year, then the Boss 302 gets to the top of the list.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #36
FWD = FAIL

corvette
mustang boss 302(if u want something thats not a pig and will handle like crap boo gt500 great in a straight line though)
trailblazer ss....errr camaro
Old 10-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #37
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
corvette
mustang boss 302(if u want something thats not a pig and will handle like crap boo gt500 great in a straight line though)
LULZ on the Trailblazer SS. If you think the coupe is heavy, just weight for the vert...
Old 10-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #38
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
But, I may be thinking about another job that will actually pay me something close to what I'm worth.
Then how will you be able to afford anything?

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 10-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #39
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Then how will you be able to afford anything?
With Darlene's and my paychecks together, we can do $700 a month payments.

Darlene has been on her job only about 4 months and the raise they gave her puts her at almost the same pay I get.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #40
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
corvette
BADDASSC6 has a post about a SS rental doing a pretty respectable job at a track.

"Plus I have personally witnessed a SS tear up Buttonwillow (tight and technical) and go turn for turn with an Elise."

When he talks I listen.

I do know about the Camaros weight. If I get the Camaro, it's going to be the six speed auto for Darlene. Will keep the Vette then. It's if I go over $40,000 that I'd have to sell something.

Hey, you are going to be there Saturday.....RIGHT?!
2016 Nissan Altma