Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #31
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
i guy on the evo forums back east made a 9.99 @ 139mph pass with that turbo with a full wieght interior and stock engine excpet for cams and e85 pretty much the same set up i have. and for the next run he gutted hin interior and trunk and made a 9.46@140mph pass......and its a stock frame turbo that used the stock header and downpipe it looks stock so no one but me will know whats up except for me and the guy i just hustled for that green :-)
This emphasizes my point! So you think that you are going to pick up 2 seconds because you changed turbos to the same one he has?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. it looks stock so no one but me will know whats up except for me and the guy i just hustled for that green :-)
You gonna hustle that Cobra guy out in Fontana? That's a g waiting I guess. Just be on a deserted road so you only kill yourselves if the shiznit turns stinky.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #33
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
This emphasizes my point! So you think that you are going to pick up 2 seconds because you changed turbos to the same one he has?
I was gonn say. Corn Fed, you've run at CSW, what are you calling for November? I'm assuming you'll be out then. A bunch of us will be there. I'm going to try to crack a 12.5x@112~ So a tenth with driving technique.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #34
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I was gonn say. Corn Fed, you've run at CSW, what are you calling for November? I'm assuming you'll be out then. A bunch of us will be there. I'm going to try to crack a 12.5x@112~ So a tenth with driving technique.
I'm going too. I'll try and get in the 9's in the Chevelle and if I can take my Cobra I'll shoot for an 11.5.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #35

Quote:
yup if u know the flow rate of these turbos and how much there pushing out u would be amazed at how much air can be shoved evo engines.

the stock turbo has a 42lb intake wheel which can be compared somewhere around a garret GT26r turbo very weak.

while the turbo i have my eye set on is a stock frame intake and exhaust housing thats been ported to hell and has a 59-60lb wheel which is the exact same one that comes on the garret GT30R turbo which if u know ur turbo's thats a pretty big turbo which also wont taper boost at higher rpms so i hold my HP in a linier power curve like u all motor guys or at least as straight as a turbo will let u get.

the great catch to all this is because of the smaller exhaust housing wheel compared to a full on real GT30r turbo is that my turbo will spool 400rpm later then stock at 3.8k rpm rather then a real GT30r turbo which would reach full spool at 4.4rpm. also when i where to shift the stock frame turbo would respool alot quicker then a full sized 30r.

anywho as for me cutting 2 seconds off my previous time with a new clutch and turbo ya i thinks thats more then possible for me to pull of a 10.5 and my mph would be somewhere in the 130's
Old 09-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #36

Quote:
that should be easy to pull off, november is usually a great time to run at cali, because dec-march u get stupid ass winds or rain, and then in april its back to 90+ degree weather

ill try and make it out my turbo is on back order for almost 2 months so im just waiting :-(

oh ya and theres plenty of safe places around here to run. im not one of those idiots that would run in a loaded streed or neighborhood thats just dumb and end up raising insurence rates :-(
Old 09-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . .

anywho as for me cutting 2 seconds off my previous time with a new clutch and turbo ya i thinks thats more then possible for me to pull of a 10.5 and my mph would be somewhere in the 130's
You called it. Sounds like a good heads up race with 94cobra69ss396's Chevelle on motor only. Just good clean fun.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #38
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
yup if u know the flow rate of these turbos and how much there pushing out u would be amazed at how much air can be shoved evo engines.

the stock turbo has a 42lb intake wheel which can be compared somewhere around a garret GT26r turbo very weak.

while the turbo i have my eye set on is a stock frame intake and exhaust housing thats been ported to hell and has a 59-60lb wheel which is the exact same one that comes on the garret GT30R turbo which if u know ur turbo's thats a pretty big turbo which also wont taper boost at higher rpms so i hold my HP in a linier power curve like u all motor guys or at least as straight as a turbo will let u get.

the great catch to all this is because of the smaller exhaust housing wheel compared to a full on real GT30r turbo is that my turbo will spool 400rpm later then stock at 3.8k rpm rather then a real GT30r turbo which would reach full spool at 4.4rpm. also when i where to shift the stock frame turbo would respool alot quicker then a full sized 30r.

I don't know anything about turbos. So would a HTA 35R Turbo be larger than the one you are putting on your car?
Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #39
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
You called it. Sounds like a good heads up race with 94cobra69ss396's Chevelle on motor only. Just good clean fun.
I only run low 11's without N2O. With a 150 shot I only trap 128-130!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #40
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I only run low 11's without N2O. With a 150 shot I only trap 128-130!
Sorry, shouldda checked first. Then 150 shot vs. his new fangled turbo config.

Sean and I run within a couple tenths, we should do some heads up too.

Of course this depends on getting in the same group. No big deal, just trying to set up some friendly "grudge" matches.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)