Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I agree, mut I have the 75-79 hood remember. I decided to go with the 82 model for the bumpers. I bought it when I was stil planning to mold in the 82 bumper.

Well then, JMO, a subtly blended charcoal stripe against the black following the line of the cowl should be quite nice. Then some massive rotors and Red Brembo Calipers (or at least Red) will pop hard.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #32
Super Moderator

Silver is too bright, what do you guys think? There were no shades of spray paint between the charcoal and the silver. I'll try to tint the silver with some black tomorrow.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #33
Super Moderator

OK, here is the closest I could get to a graphite stripe. I misted the carcoal over the silver and somewhat over the black to give it a metallic look. As for the actual color, I'll probably use PPG dark slate grey for the stripe, the Viper color and maybe the Porsche metallic black for the rest of the car.

Here's the graphite with slight metallic black:

Here's the graphite with very metallic black.

Here's the original concept with the charcoal:

I'm pretty much set on the graphite stripe over a metallic black. But be sure to save your negative opinions till after I get it painted.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
OK, here is the closest I could get to a graphite stripe. I misted the carcoal over the silver and somewhat over the black to give it a metallic look. As for the actual color, I'll probably use PPG dark slate grey for the stripe, the Viper color and maybe the Porsche metallic black for the rest of the car.
I think you've got something there. Run with it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #35
Super Moderator

Not that I'm still considering it, but in defense of my blue on black idea. It can look cool, it depends on the layout and the shade and intensity of blue.

Too bad the hood was up in this pic.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #36
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Not that I'm still considering it, but in defense of my blue on black idea. It can look cool, it depends on the layout and the shade and intensity of blue.

Too bad the hood was up in this pic.

Hey, your car looked really good by the way. The quality of work you have put in really is amazing for your first time doing it. Everything looked very smooth. It's going to look awesome painted.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #37
Super Moderator

This is the best pic of blue pearl over black that I've ever seen. And I've been googling for awhile. So I'm posting it for reference. As you can see in the pic, sometimes the car can look simply dark blue, it's too much under direct sun IMO.

Car is scheduled for expoxy primer this Friday BTW.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 PM   #38
Super Moderator

Primer got pushed back to Monday morning, and hopefully the paint will go on later next week also.

As for the color, I changed my mind about 10 more times since my last post. So I decided to stop posting because I was driving myself crazy... literally insane, and I didn't feel the need to drive all of you crazy also. But then I saw this motorcylce on the autobody forums, it's actually a black with gun metal gray pearl. My problem with the pearls is that they can sometimes totally take on the color of the pearl, depending on the light and angle. And I didn't want my car to look blue again, which is the pearl commonly used over black. But then I saw PBC43, love at first sight. It shifts from black to metallic gun metal gray pearl (which was the other color that I was considering!). So without further introduction, here it is.

And I ordered the paint today, dropped over a grand on it! So there's no going back now!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 12:51 AM   #39
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Primer got pushed back to Monday morning, and hopefully the paint will go on later next week also.

As for the color, I changed my mind about 10 more times since my last post. So I decided to stop posting because I was driving myself crazy... literally insane, and I didn't feel the need to drive all of you crazy also. But then I saw this motorcylce on the autobody forums, it's actually a black with gun metal gray pearl. My problem with the pearls is that they can sometimes totally take on the color of the pearl, depending on the light and angle. And I didn't want my car to look blue again, which is the pearl commonly used over black. But then I saw PBC43, love at first sight. It shifts from black to metallic gun metal gray pearl (which was the other color that I was considering!). So without further introduction, here it is.

And I ordered the paint today, dropped over a grand on it! So there's no going back now!!!

It looks like it has a layer of wax that needs to be buffed out. Wow I'm a dick.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-25-2008, 01:15 AM   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It looks like it has a layer of wax that needs to be buffed out. Wow I'm a dick.
That's probably due to how thick he put the clear on. I like the depth of the shine. Unless you're talking about the gun metal look, that's just how it looks. Sorry if you don't like it, but it looks like liquid sex to me. Here's another.

Look at the bottom panel in this pic, it's so black it almost looks like he painted it a different color.