Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #31
pain's fun, hit me again

Crank from the other retailer came in today, this one has to be an anomaly according to Yates twisted mind.

So I'm going to send these pictures to ebay and paypal so they can get the whole scope. Sack of shit.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #32
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
He lied in his first email, I'm not new to the world. The crank is my only bargaining piece, once I give it up I'm SOL. I have had dozens of companies ship me the proper parts with a return label for the old one. He is obviously a deceptive person and keeps clinging to filing a UPS claim, they shouldn't cover this, he should. I have NEVER had to pay to return an Item the seller fucked up with. I asked for both before I took actions, return tag and new parts.

He is a slimy seller and its been apparent from the get go.
I agree with Ron. The vendor first offered to help you submit a claim with UPS. Then you called him a lier. The vendor offered a full refund and offered to reimburse shipping. Then you threatened to make a claim. The vendor warned that if you make a claim that you will have to pay for shipping. Ebay is telling you to pay the shipping.

It's very frustrating to receive the wrong parts, but from an outside point of view you were being very difficult and this vendor tried to work with you. My $.02.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 08-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #33
Super Moderator

He's obviously lying about the packaging, but he did offer you a refund.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I agree with Ron. The vendor first offered to help you submit a claim with UPS. Then you called him a lier. The vendor offered a full refund and offered to reimburse shipping. Then you threatened to make a claim. The vendor warned that if you make a claim that you will have to pay for shipping. Ebay is telling you to pay the shipping.

It's very frustrating to receive the wrong parts, but from an outside point of view you were being very difficult and this vendor tried to work with you. My $.02.
So UPS should take the hit for him sending me a used crank? Damage or not? Then he lied about the crank never being opened, why would I believe he would reimburse me shipping? No retailer I have ever purchased from has required me to pay out of pocket for shipping on their fuck up.

I don't give a fuck what eBay says(though if you remember my call to the claims department they sided with me on them paying the return shipping, the auto claim function does not have this option and that is why the case has been escalated, but it's ok to miss that part), VISA and Chase has backed me, given me a refund and is requiring the vendor to pay return shipping like he is supposed to. Was I difficult? Yup. I am less than willing to let a seller slide when he blatantly pulls shit like this.

Short line, he knowingly send me used parts, blames UPS, says it wasn't used, says he'll refund me shipping, HA, yeah right.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #35
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
He's obviously lying about the packaging, but he did offer you a refund.
Exactly, he could have easily sent me a return shipping tag, so why didn't he? Cause he has no mind to refund the shipping, I paid through with my card through paypal, he can only make a refund for the payment amount, in order for him to reimburse me he has to send me a payment.

Once he gets the crank and refunds me the purchase price, there's nothing making him refund me shipping, and there's nothing I can do about it, i'd be out $115 and still have to buy another crank.

It's a risk with a slimy seller i'm not going to take, I have been screwed this EXACT way with other eBay sellers, not gonna let it happen again.

Don't forget
1. Rust on the journals and counterweight <------ How is that UPS fault again?

Stopping the world!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #36
Fast & Filthy

We're not saying he isn't wrong and that you shouldn't receive a full refund without any out of pocket expenses. What we're saying is that he was willing to work with you in the beginning. I think it just comes down to the fact that you were in a hurry to get things going so you a little impatient when he tried to blame UPS. If it had been me I would have worked with him on getting what I paid for but I'm a pretty patient person.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #37
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
So UPS should take the hit for him sending me a used crank? Damage or not? Then he lied about the crank never being opened, why would I believe he would reimburse me shipping? No retailer I have ever purchased from has required me to pay out of pocket for shipping on their fuck up.

I don't give a fuck what eBay says(though if you remember my call to the claims department they sided with me on them paying the return shipping, the auto claim function does not have this option and that is why the case has been escalated, but it's ok to miss that part), VISA and Chase has backed me, given me a refund and is requiring the vendor to pay return shipping like he is supposed to. Was I difficult? Yup. I am less than willing to let a seller slide when he blatantly pulls shit like this.

Short line, he knowingly send me used parts, blames UPS, says it wasn't used, says he'll refund me shipping, HA, yeah right.
Why would UPS take a hit when the vendor offered a full refund and stated he would reimburse shipping cost? Chase and Visa will back you when the vendor admits there is a problem. What's new there? Nothing. You stated a problem he thought it was shipping and UPS was responsible (you did not provide him with any photos until after the claim). You called him a lier and stated you were unhappy with the offer. He offered a full refund and to reimburse shipping. I would have taken the offer and hit him up for a future discount.

As far as we know the customer representative is completely separated from shipping and has no insight as to where the initial error happened. There is no evidence that they intentionally shipped a used crank.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #38
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
We're not saying he isn't wrong and that you shouldn't receive a full refund without any out of pocket expenses. What we're saying is that he was willing to work with you in the beginning. I think it just comes down to the fact that you were in a hurry to get things going so you a little impatient when he tried to blame UPS. If it had been me I would have worked with him on getting what I paid for but I'm a pretty patient person.
Yup. I'm going to tell my wife how patient I am.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Why would UPS take a hit when the vendor offered a full refund and stated he would reimburse shipping cost?Exactly, he is STILL trying to blame UPS, even now Chase and Visa will back you when the vendor admits there is a problem. What's new there? Nothing.He is not agreeing that there was a problem, he informed paypal and ebay that I am in the wrong and changed my mind on the purchase You stated a problem he thought it was shipping and UPS was responsible (you did not provide him with any photos until after the claim).Photos were supplied 24 hours before I made the claim You called him a lier and stated you were unhappy with the offer. He offered a full refund and to reimburse shipping. I would have taken the offer and hit him up for a future discount.He lied right off the bat, said he ships all the items himself because it's just him, he knew what he sent me, this is indicative of him as a seller. Had I known Yates performance was BOI I would never have made the purchase

As far as we know the customer representative is completely separated from shipping and has no insight as to where the initial error happened. There is no evidence that they intentionally shipped a used crank.He is the only one, he is the owner, customer representative, billing, shipping etc
Did you make sure to read everything?

Stopping the world!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #40
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Had he not shown dishonesty off the bat I would have accepted his reimbursement offer, why would he deny me a return tag? I'm being difficult because I've been hammered before and won't let it happen again. I didn't make obscene demands, I asked for a new crank, he said not without returning it, then I asked for a return tag, he then said no and I'd have to pay for shipping and he'd "get me back", see what smells funny here? I fully intended on waiting for another crank but he refused both offers, I will not pay out of pocket for a retailers fuck up, ever. I have NEVER had a retailer not issue me a return tag, and 99% of them send out the proper part with a return tag for the old one. How am I being difficult?

Stopping the world!