Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #361
pain's fun, hit me again

Friday I started by making the bolster panel for the rear seats, the foam cushions are thicker on the SN car so they changed the rear upper floor pan, everythingt else is the same, So I used SN carpet and wala, looks factory. Also removed that stupid knuckle for the rearm mount of the cage, glad I didnt rely on that cage cause the welds held like shit.

Also madea simpleamp rack, I was gonna ge all crazy and weld something coo looking but this is lighter and simpler, also made another rack for a piece of plywood to support the weight of the sub when the carpet is installed, then covered them in headliner material to reduce squeeks, but I traded in my phone and my uploads are all fucked up.

Also installed the quarter panels and roof trim around the headliner

Seat test fit
Saturday was kind of fucked up since I dislocated my shoulder again and had a few a/c jobs but I had to clean the metal glaze, dried tape and overspray from the windows
Before

After

Then removed the tape glue from the trim, sanded and painted

Day shot after some more fitting

Looks almost like a car
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Last edited by Shaolin Crane : 08-29-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #362

Lookin good.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 08-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #363
Fast & Filthy

I agree. You're going to have it done before I have the Cobra running again.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #364
pain's fun, hit me again

Seeing as how I have your heads still I could probably guarantee i'll finish first if I wanted to BTW you need to pick those up today, i've been putting him off for too long.

I have some shitty pics of yesterdays work. Did the upholstery swap on the upper cushions
Left is finish right is untouched

Shitty pics of the cushions installed

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #365
pain's fun, hit me again

Day shots of the seats

Still not 100% installed, need to fix the issue of the gap and install the retainer lips for the bottom cushion to glose the other gaps

Stopping the world!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #366
pain's fun, hit me again

Mocking up the seats to make the brackets

Stopping the world!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #367

Damn, you might finish before I do.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 08-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #368
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Damn, you might finish before I do.
I leave for vegas friday for a week so you're gonna get a head start on me.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #369

Not when I spend $600 at a place and they take a full week to ship out the parts that are in stock and they ship it UPS ground from GA.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #370
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Not when I spend $600 at a place and they take a full week to ship out the parts that are in stock and they ship it UPS ground from GA.
I just bought parts from agora hills that took 8 days to get here, I could have driven and picked them up, shit I could have ridden my bike and got them sooner.

Stopping the world!