Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #21
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I have no idea how it came to be that people think mountains of bass is a good thing, probably some sort of primal thing. If you're going for physical feeling with explosions from movies and whatnot, you're basically right about the size needed for woofers and subs. That is if the intention is to have something you more feel nearly as much as hear.

Unless you're pumping a lot of gansta rap and hip hop, I'm not so sure larger than 12 is required on your main stack and 10s would be fine. I guess what I'm saying is (depending on the room too!) 12s on your mains with a 15 sub would be plenty for bass in most typical house settings.

(You have two 15s in your tiny bedroom. Trying to turn your room into a vibrator or something? )
Main stack--I think I know what you mean--but????????????
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I'm simply referring to your Main Stereo Left/Right speakers, as opposed to Center channel, or satellites.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #23
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
He means your main speakers in your case an 8 inch woofer.

Here is my system.

RCA 54" TV. You can see the Bose front L/R up on the wall and the center in behind the black screen just above the TV in the cabinet. By the way if anyone is interested in a built in cabinet like this my uncles furnature store made this one.

Sony sub. It has dual 10's one down firing and one front firing powered by 500 watts rms. I hid it behind the TV.

This is the Bose subwoofer and it is hidden in the cabinet.

Audio/video gear.

Left surround.

Right surround.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #24
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm simply referring to your Main Stereo Left/Right speakers, as opposed to Center channel, or satellites.
You see this is what I need to know. You only need to tell me once. So define center channel and satellites...if you don't mind?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #25
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
You see this is what I need to know. You only need to tell me once. So define center channel and satellites...if you don't mind?
Read this. Speaker placement is very important to sound quality. I moved my front right speaker out about 15 inches from where I originally installed it and it made a huge difference in the balance of the system.

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/lea...placement.html
Old 07-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #26
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
He means your main speakers in your case an 8 inch woofer.

Here is my system.

RCA 54" TV. You can see the Bose front L/R up on the wall and the center in behind the black screen just above the TV in the cabinet. By the way if anyone is interested in a built in cabinet like this my uncles furnature store made this one.

Sony sub. It has dual 10's one down firing and one front firing powered by 500 watts rms. I hid it behind the TV.

This is the Bose subwoofer and it is hidden in the cabinet.

Audio/video gear.

Left surround.

Right surround.
Very nice!!! You do nice work!!
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #27
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Read this. Speaker placement is very important to sound quality. I moved my front right speaker out about 15 inches from where I originally installed it and it made a huge difference in the balance of the system.

http://www.crutchfield.com/learn/lea...placement.html
I'm reading/watching your link. Thanks!
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Speakers seem to be in the family.

This is the stuff I need to hear/read.

Do you run your system up till your ears bleed?
No, I actually have very sensitive hearing. It's not aboot loudness, it's aboot depth, it's aboot respect! It's aboot dignity! ...Watching too much South Park.

Ben, yes, I am of the belief that when shit blows up in a movie, you should feel it. I'm all about that 20Hz material, when you can't tell if you're hearing it or feeling it. You can make more than enough loudness at mid bass frequencies in a room with a lil 10" but a 10" can't produce deep bass with sufficient volume for any size room. Sorry if I'm breaking any hearts.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #29
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Very nice!!! You do nice work!!
Thanks but I didn't have to do much. I bought this house new so I was able to have the speakers wires placed in the walls where I wanted them as it was being built. It worked out good except I had to move the one speaker to balance it better.

I just helped my father-in-law set up his though and it was a lot of work. We did the same thing in his house that I did in mine which is small speakers (he used Kenwood) mounted up on the walls. We first positioned the speakers to where we thought we wanted them and listened to how it sounded. Once we got the postioning down we mounted them on the walls. Then we had to run the wires though the walls up to the celling and back out. We then ran them along the wall at the celling over to the wall where the receiver was and then back down the inside of the wall to a box that we installed for the wires to connect to. We then installed crown molding to hide all the wires. It looks good and sounds good but it took a lot of time to complete but is well worth the effort.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . Ben, yes, I am of the belief that when shit blows up in a movie, you should feel it. I'm all about that 20Hz material, when you can't tell if you're hearing it or feeling it. You can make more than enough loudness at mid bass frequencies in a room with a lil 10" but a 10" can't produce deep bass with sufficient volume for any size room. Sorry if I'm breaking any hearts.
About this you are correct sir.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)