Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: The best overall Mustang design since 1979 is:
The new 2010 Mustang 0 0%
The S197 Mustang (05-09) 3 30.00%
The New Edge Mustang (99-04) 3 30.00%
The SN95 Mustang (94-98) 3 30.00%
The Fox Body (87-93) 1 10.00%
The 4 Eyed Fox (79-86) 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
It is tough. For instance I would actually rank the S197 body style (besides the GT500 and the CS) low on my list because I don't like the front end that much. It's funny though, before the 2010 model the S197 didn't bother me but comparitively it looks kind of boring now.
See - I mainly rated the 2010 front end so highly because of the Shelby but I don't like the rear end at all. I prefer the simplicity (you say boring, I say simple) of the S197 from the front or back (that's what she said) - even the V6.

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)
Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #22

I hate the back of the 2010. I think the back is the worst looking Mustang rear ever. And I don't like the front as much as the S197, but the side of the 2010 probably has the best lines of the years in your poll. Overall, I had to go with the S197, beacuse I don't think you can do anything to the 2010 to make that rear look anywhere near acceptable, to me.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #23
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I hate the back of the 2010. I think the back is the worst looking Mustang rear ever. And I don't like the front as much as the S197, but the side of the 2010 probably has the best lines of the years in your poll. Overall, I had to go with the S197, beacuse I don't think you can do anything to the 2010 to make that rear look anywhere near acceptable, to me.
Interesting. I totally disagree on the front. I think the 2010 is the best front end on a mainstream Mustang since the 1st Gen cars. I am not a huge fan of the back. Ideally I would love it if the new Mustang retained the current front and profile, but had the backend of the S197 cars. It would be almost perfect then.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #24
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97srad View Post
See - I mainly rated the 2010 front end so highly because of the Shelby but I don't like the rear end at all. I prefer the simplicity (you say boring, I say simple) of the S197 from the front or back (that's what she said) - even the V6.
I prefer the back of the S197 to the current car. However, I prefer the front and profile of the 2010 10x to the normal S197 cars (not including the Shelby and California Special S197's).
Old 07-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #25
Super Moderator

The New Edge, Cobra only. V6 verts are gay. GTs and Machs are cool, but the Cobra bumpers really make that car.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
The New Edge, Cobra only. V6 verts are gay. GTs and Machs are cool, but the Cobra bumpers really make that car.
I agre, but only on the 03 and 04's. The 99 and 01 bumper never looked right to me:

Oh, and I think this is the baddest looking New Edge Mustang:

Old 07-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Interesting. I totally disagree on the front. I think the 2010 is the best front end on a mainstream Mustang since the 1st Gen cars.
It's understandable that you would prefer that front end. You're a big fan of the New Edge. Me, not so much. I like the S197 front end because it reminds me more of a 69 and everyone knows that the 69 Boss 429 was the best Mustang ever built.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boss 429.jpg.jpg (133.0 KB, 6 views)

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
I agre, but only on the 03 and 04's. The 99 and 01 bumper never looked right to me:

The blown Cobras only.

I'd like to see the 03/ 04 rear end or something similar graphted onto the 2010 Mustang.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #29
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
It's understandable that you would prefer that front end. You're a big fan of the New Edge. Me, not so much. I like the S197 front end because it reminds me more of a 69 and everyone knows that the 69 Boss 429 was the best Mustang ever built.
That car is GORGEOUS!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
...GT500