Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #21
Godzilla, King of Monsters

It's the "I'm a lying sack" penalty.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy
Default It's official!

Sean rec'd the letter and it's the full amount plust $550. We're calling that the pain in the ass fee. Now comes the fun part. Waiting for the money....tick tock tick tock.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Sean rec'd the letter and it's the full amount plust $550. We're calling that the pain in the ass fee. Not comes the fun part. Waiting for the money....tick tock tick tock.

Keep in mind the resources you have available. johnadams11 said:

Quote:
. . . . She has 30 days to pay from the MAILING DATE of the judgment, then we suspend her driver's license. In California, licenses can be suspended at the plaintiff's request in car accident cases where the judgment is not paid.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
...If you guys infact win an extra $550 it is only fair that it go back into the cobra as new sticky tires or pullies and a tune . It will be that much funnier when Sean runs 14's...... All kidding aside congrats bitch got what she deserved.

Brian
Old 06-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

Yes Sean already has mental plans......I agree with him but not in the order of his plan. Yes the money is all his, as this has been all about his car.

This is the SEAN plan:
Pullies, Subframe, repaint of the mis-matched rocker panel

This is the ALEXIS plan:
Pullies, tune, tires
(later xmas time, subframe, and paint)

Who knows I could be smoking something but it makes sense if you are going to put on the pullies that you might want to get traction. I said if you aren't going to race at the track then go your route but if you are going race, you need tires.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Yes Sean already has mental plans......I agree with him but not in the order of his plan. Yes the money is all his, as this has been all about his car.

This is the SEAN plan:
Pullies, Subframe, repaint of the mis-matched rocker panel

This is the ALEXIS plan:
Pullies, tune, tires
(later xmas time, subframe, and paint)

Who knows I could be smoking something but it makes sense if you are going to put on the pullies that you might want to get traction. I said if you aren't going to race at the track then go your route but if you are going race, you need tires.

Any thoughts?
As for performance mods for the strip, bar none, the best first thing is a set of DRs. It's cheaper than all that other stuff and will put him into the 12s . . . well, it'd put most Cobra drivers into the 12s. Then pullies, then subframe. So I agree to the Alexis plan. Unlike tearing an engine apart, where you want to get as much done at one time as possible, there's no inherent requirement to do these things all at once. I'd just do them piece by piece, get used to them and record the improvements as each new item is added. Could be educational.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #27
Super Moderator

I'm all for the subframe connectors, especially before you run DRs. But if you're going to add weight Sean, you need to junk even more weight to offset the difference. I'd probably get the pulley first. And personally, I wouldn't spend any money on tires unless I needed them. But then again, I'm not really into drag racing like Sean and Ben. I'm only interested in street performance. I'd take a set of 305 street tires over DRs any day.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #28
Graphics B*tch

I am going to agree with Alexis' plan. DRs first to hook up beacuse if any of you have seen Sean lanching it is pathetic (Sean will probably be able to talk $hit after my first day on saturday). Then go pullies and tune next. What good it power if you can't hook it up. Sub frames would be nice too when $$ comes. I do not understand why these cars did not come with them in the first place?! Machs and the Bullets have them stock!?

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 06-05-2008, 11:09 AM   #29

Default Extra Extra read all about it!

Ok, so I got this 858 area code phone call about 5 minutes ago while at my desk. I hesitantly picked it up and answered. Long behold it was Farmers Insurance Jeanette speaking.

She informed me that she got a copy of the court judgment hearing and needed to know if it was ok to send over a release to sign off on issuing the payment. I was totally confused. I thought for sure Farmers was not going to take care of the damages for her and she was going to have to pay out of pocket. So I provided my fax number so and so on and then questioned if Farmers was actually going to be cutting the check. According the Jeanette, her answer was yes. I also advised her that the court judgment didn’t include any damages that Mercury paid out and should be seeing a subrogation demand or arbitration paperwork shortly. She was unaware that the judgment didn’t include anything that Mercury paid out and thanked me for informing her so that it wouldn’t look like we were double dipping.

This might work out better for us. The check would be coming from a corporation (secure check) and we at least have someone to contact regarding the check status. We don’t have to play the guessing game if she is actually going to pay, no pay, or appeal.

Sean was slightly bummed that she wasn't going to have to pay the amount out of her pocket but once he realized that the accident is now going to be considered chargeable or her fault and her rates are going to increase, he couldn't have been more happy.

I’ll keep you posted on when/if the check arrives.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:49 AM   #30
Graphics B*tch

That is so great. Love karma.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten