Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
. . . Well that's not actually a good idea as some additives from one oil to another can cause problems. There are people that have done so but they know EXACTLY the Frankenstein oil there pouring into their motors. What I "hear" is common is mixing group IV's with V's. Redline actually isn't all that great at handling fuel dilution, finding that one little additive to change that would be nice but would it create some chemical disturbance with another additive already present.........I have no freaking idea, that's out of my reach. I'll look into it for sure though, thanks for bringing that up.

Sounds like good homework Make a thread, something like "Frankenstein Oil Blends" in the general section.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #22
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
My Lexus is almost due for a change, how much for 6 quarts of 0W-30 Chuck? PM if you like, might be worth the change. I plan to do an oil analysis 4k into it and post it up, the results should be good.
Its 10.50 A qt retail plus tax and shipping i could get it for 9.00 a qt after tax and shipping. For this http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/sso.aspx