Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #21

i have a hook up at a motorcycle shop on lakewood blvd.. i purchased all my C16 race gas from there, so i get a discount.. hit me up

as for the safety course .. it's a great course, me and my wife did it back in the day when it was 75 bucks for 3 days (1 book day, 2 riding days and Maryland test on the last day).. i also took the advanced on too, but i would wait in till you get about 4K miles under your belt..
Old 09-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
My understanding of helmets is that so long as they have the DOT approval, they are equally as safe. What you pay extra for is less weight, better ventilation, less wind buffeting, and brand name, etc. There is a Scorpion Helmet I like the paint design on, and it is DOT approved, but I've never heard of Scorpion.

Why Shoei? At that somewhat Gucci level how does it compare to an Arai?
i have had about 20 helmets over the years.. my current is a Arai, it's the MACK DADDY of helmets.. she set me back about 450.. my wifes helmet is a Suomy.. most shops don't carry them.. we purchased it at MotoGP 2 years ago.. that bitch was 700 .. but what the wife wants, she gets LOL..

i had a Shoei for years, it's a nice helmet.. i would get that.. i have a older one if you want to see it, all it's doing is sitting in my garage next to my other 4 helmets LOL..
Old 09-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Default This Event

Thanks Nordy. FYI, here's the "Blowout" I was thinking of going to just to see what prices and packages they might have. From the flyer it looks like a lot of things will be in the 50% off retail range.

http://www.delamo-motorsports.com/photo_gallery.asp

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
i have had about 20 helmets over the years.. my current is a Arai, it's the MACK DADDY of helmets.. she set me back about 450.. my wifes helmet is a Suomy.. most shops don't carry them.. we purchased it at MotoGP 2 years ago.. that bitch was 700 .. but what the wife wants, she gets LOL..

i had a Shoei for years, it's a nice helmet.. i would get that.. i have a older one if you want to see it, all it's doing is sitting in my garage next to my other 4 helmets LOL..
How many times did you knock your knoggin in the Shoei? It's not like duct-taped together is it? I've got a rather big head (keep it to yourself Sean.) What size is your helmet?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #25

Quote:
How many times did you knock your knoggin in the Shoei? It's not like duct-taped together is it? I've got a rather big head (keep it to yourself Sean.) What size is your helmet?
i purchased it new back when i had my 929.. it has never hit the ground and i take care of all my stuff.. i think it's a large or XL.. i TOO have a big head ..

my current and the wifes helmet..

the Shoei in question.. (don't get to hot looking at my body in the mirror LOL)

Old 09-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #26
A Motorgen O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
i purchased it new back when i had my 929.. it has never hit the ground and i take care of all my stuff.. i think it's a large or XL.. i TOO have a big head ..

my current and the wifes helmet..
Yours is on the left huh?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
Yours is on the left huh?
sorry about that.. it should have stated... "the wifes and my current"
Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM   #28

Quote:
My understanding of helmets is that so long as they have the DOT approval, they are equally as safe. What you pay extra for is less weight, better ventilation, less wind buffeting, and brand name, etc. There is a Scorpion Helmet I like the paint design on, and it is DOT approved, but I've never heard of Scorpion.

Why Shoei? At that somewhat Gucci level how does it compare to an Arai?

You're exactly right with the statement of the added money gets you the little extras.. All you need is DOT approoved and you're good.. It's all personal choice and fit.

From all the helmets I've tried the Shoei X11 has fit me the best. I got a big ol' head. Then add my glasses and my headphones from my MP3 player. It gets kind of cramped. The X11 has room for those and is the most confortable with all the extras. Also it keeps my head cool.. Love the ventilation on it.

Doesn't hurt I bought it from someone at my work for only 250 bux. Weeeee!