Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #21
Super Moderator

Im a fan of the iPhone. I have a 4 and the gps always has worked for me, only thing I dont like is that I have to hit next for the next direction, it doesnt feed automatically.

Picture quality is great, speed is good, auto correct is anoying so I turned it off. Any phone you get you should put it in an otterbox, good for a 50 foot drop.

Another thing about the speed. I was debating whether it was worth it to spend another 100 for the 4s, so I went to a verizon store, took a 4 and a 4s and loaded the same youtube video at the same time... they played at exactly the same time. Reality is, 4g service is limited to where there is a 4g tower, otherwise youre 3g at best, and most things online are prob limited by the server on the other end, not your bandwidth or your processor. Id wait till the 5 comes out and get a 4, theyll prob give them away like they did with the 3s.

...I would have gone for a 3 if I could have gotten one for less than my phone was. But I got this 32g one for $117 at frys. Go to frys, theyre usually the cheapest.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #22
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Im a fan of the iPhone. I have a 4 and the gps always has worked for me, only thing I dont like is that I have to hit next for the next direction, it doesnt feed automatically.

Picture quality is great, speed is good, auto correct is anoying so I turned it off. Any phone you get you should put it in an otterbox, good for a 50 foot drop.

Another thing about the speed. I was debating whether it was worth it to spend another 100 for the 4s, so I went to a verizon store, took a 4 and a 4s and loaded the same youtube video at the same time... they played at exactly the same time. Reality is, 4g service is limited to where there is a 4g tower, otherwise youre 3g at best, and most things online are prob limited by the server on the other end, not your bandwidth or your processor. Id wait till the 5 comes out and get a 4, theyll prob give them away like they did with the 3s.

...I would have gone for a 3 if I could have gotten one for less than my phone was. But I got this 32g one for $117 at frys. Go to frys, theyre usually the cheapest.
Neither the iPhone4 or 4S is LTE, so you wouldn't notice a difference in download speeds. An LTE phone on Verizon typically downloads anywhere from 7x to 40x as fast as a 3g phone. Verizon LTE coverage is excellent especially where we live. I wouldn't even consider a non-LTE phone.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:

Oh, and I would absolutely not buy a 4 or 4S. The iPhone5 has a bigger screen, better camera, and most importantly LTE. LTE alone is worth the $100-$150 price difference. It also is 7.9mm think as opposed to the 9.2mm of the current 4S.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #24
Super Moderator

My phone downloads a video in seconds, youre saying your LTE phone can download a video and play it in less than a second? (A minimum 7 times as fast)... Id have to see it to believe it, but if thats true... rad.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #25
Super Moderator

PS, I dont like the phones with bigger screens. My phone is too big as it is. How much bulk do you want in your pants? ...that sounds dirty.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
My phone downloads a video in seconds, youre saying your LTE phone can download a video and play it in less than a second? (A minimum 7 times as fast)... Id have to see it to believe it, but if thats true... rad.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you. Verizon LTE is faster than my cable modem.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #27
Super Moderator

And Im obviously not trying to say the iPhone 4 is king of the hill... I would hope the 5 is a better phone. Just saying, how much more bang are you really gettin for your buck? If Ben can get a free 4 or 4s, it might be worth the additional 3 seconds he will have to wait to watch the video of Carlos destroying another lsx. Haha
Old 06-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Crazy, cell phones are gettig ridic. I always laugh when my gf pulls out her iphone because her netbook is too slow. What are they downloading in that video?
Old 06-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #29
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
And Im obviously not trying to say the iPhone 4 is king of the hill... I would hope the 5 is a better phone. Just saying, how much more bang are you really gettin for your buck? If Ben can get a fee 4 or 4s, it might be worth the additional 3 seconds he will have to wait to watch the video of Carlos destroying another lsx. Haha
A lot in this particular instance. The iPhone4 was a major upgrade, but the 4S was incremental. Not having LTE at this point is a complete deal breaker. For many people it was a deal breaker with the 4S. If my choices were the iPhone4S for free (which won't be the case, it'll still likely be $99) or the 5 for $199.99, it's a slam dunk for the 5.

Remember, you're stuck with a phone for 2 years. Not having LTE for another 2 years would be a complete joke. Not to mention the 5 will a be more future proof phone. The 4S only has 512mb of ram which means it's limited as far as future OS growth.

I don't know about the rest of you but my cell phone is by far my most used electronic device. Spending $199.99 every 2 years to make sure it lasts seems like a small price to pay.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #30
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Crazy, cell phones are gettig ridic. I always laugh when my gf pulls out her iphone because her netbook is too slow. What are they downloading in that video?
That's just a bandwidth test.

Here is a guy testing his cable modem vs. LTE: