Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #21
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
The resonator is after the cat I'm pretty sure. There's no muffler from the factory on this car. Just downpipe/ flexpipe, then cat, then resonator, then y pipe out to the chrome tips.

So still a no go if I replaced it?
I think Blacknboostn removed his resonators and the pigs have hassled him, not that a pig is going to hassle your mom, but... it is pretty loud though.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten

Last edited by BlacknBoostn : 12-10-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: hmm somehow edited this by mistake, didn't know i could! it's been restored
Old 12-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
After cat wont matter
While I've got you in here, we removed my buddy's muffler on his Ranger and replaced it with a pipe that shoots out the side. Can he smog like that?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #23

Quote:
While I've got you in here, we removed my buddy's muffler on his Ranger and replaced it with a pipe that shoots out the side. Can he smog like that?
As long as the cat is in OE spot, should not matter.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #24
Super Moderator

I'm still leaning towards the manual boost controller, my Mom shifts like a Mom. She's not running this thing through the gears shifting just before the rev limiter. She's more of a short shifting, full throttle at mid rpm weaving in and out of traffic sort of driver. I think she'd like the max boost at mid rpm. she might not ever even feel the extra 2lbs past 5K.

As far as intake, I found a bunch on E-Bay for less than $100, but none that are CARB legal. I don't want to have to swap this shit out every two years.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #25

Quote:
I'm still leaning towards the manual boost controller, my Mom shifts like a Mom. She's not running this thing through the gears shifting just before the rev limiter. She's more of a short shifting, full throttle at mid rpm weaving in and out of traffic sort of driver. I think she'd like the max boost at mid rpm. she might not ever even feel the extra 2lbs past 5K.

As far as intake, I found a bunch on E-Bay for less than $100, but none that are CARB legal. I don't want to have to swap this shit out every two years.
Yep if you went with intake definitely only recommend carb legal like a k & n
I am sure your mom will be happy with whatever you get her
1/4 mile= i dont know i was autocrossing through the cones that divided the two lanes
Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #26
Boost Junkie

hmmm i wonder why i didn't see this thread earlier!!!

look up the spring mod, it works but i'm not sure if it's something you wanna do on ur moms car lol. There are quite a few ghetto mods you can do... your best bet is probably the kinetic wga. it's adjustable and fairly cheap. www.modernperformance.com should have one. don't boost more than 17lbs.

I got pulled over cause my exhaust was too loud. Damn neons.

Intake would also be a good bet, but you have to deal with one thats carb legal. www.srtforums.com/forums/f365 is southern cali FS forum. Look there. WGA will be best bang for the buck though. just don't go over 17 lbs.

it was already stated so i'm going to confirm it. our pcm bleeds boost. it sucks. i spike 15 lbs or so and bleed to about 12 or 13 through the rpms. once i go with an AGP wga or even external waste gate, or take it off pcm controlled boost it'll hold. need a way to tune though or its not worth it.

look through the FS threads.

good luck.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #27
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I think Blacknboostn removed his resonators and the pigs have hassled him, not that a pig is going to hassle your mom, but... it is pretty loud though.
for the record Leedom, it was a 3in catless downpipe mated to a 2.5 inch Borla exhaust with a single resonator and NO mufflers... I don't blame them. lol

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 12-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Boostn, I gave my mom all of the options last night and she actually wants the straight pipe. I think she heard "louder" and got excited. Which I really didn't anticipate, but it's prob the cheapest mod.

So yeah, if I replace the resonator with a pipe and keep the rest of the exhaust stock, and same diameter, how loud will it be? As loud as your car? I kind of doubt it because 3" pipes tend to have a real loud, high note, like... my car. Maybe I should listen to your car sometime before Christmas.

Last edited by BlacknBoostn : 12-10-2009 at 03:48 PM. Reason: ugh i keep hittin edit instead of quote fml
Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #29
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Boostn, I gave my mom all of the options last night and she actually wants the straight pipe. I think she heard "louder" and got excited. Which I really didn't anticipate, but it's prob the cheapest mod.

So yeah, if I replace the resonator with a pipe and keep the rest of the exhaust stock, and same diameter, how loud will it be? As loud as your car? I kind of doubt it because 3" pipes tend to have a real loud, high note, like... my car. Maybe I should listen to your car sometime before Christmas.
lol... mine with STOCK o2 and STOCK dp WITH cat and the Borla db'd at 119... fml. lol i don't have any idea how loud it was with no cat. lol if i make it to the meet on saturday u can hear it then lol. she can probably get away with straight pipes, maybe you should weld her up a 2.25in (stock piping diameter) side exit or dump... that'd be sick

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 12-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #30
Boost Junkie

why dont u just get a 3 foot section of 2.25 piping, have someone mandrel bend the tip to angle down and to the side and expand it enough to slip over the tip of the downpipe? a custom hanger and ur in business for a nasty sounding dump!

finish with the zip tie rolled bumper mod and ur dandy!

<guy in turbo eclipse>