Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #21

Well I didn't want to start a new thread about the old girl but as an update I kind figured someone on here might be interested. It's been far to long since I have been on here and since I have seen anyone.

Rebuilt the Holley 1 barrel (original glass bowl) on it lol... I almost want to throw on a Mikuni off one of my dirtbikes if I had one haha... probably be more high performance.

Adjusted the clutch so it doesn't grind the gears down when I am trying to put it into reverse or 2nd lol... first is obviously well... useless haha.

Other than that she is going to take a back seat for a while. I would love to do some work on her but I found out that me and my girlfriend are expecting a new member to the family around August 4, 2012 so all of my car stuff is taking a back seat to that.

Buuuuuut the 59 will live on. Eventually I am just going to toss a 302 block with some GT40 heads and an f-cam in it. Probably going to see about pulling it out of a old mustang or some such so I can get fuel injection. A ranger 5 speed trans and an explorer rear end with the disk brakes. Then I'll get a front disk conversion with hubs to match the rear axle. Drop it as close as I can to the ground and spray it primer for now. Don't have money for anything else lol... Should be a good junkyard build that will give me somewhat decent fuel economy due to the gear ratios in the trans and rear end, at least that is what I am hoping anyways.

Thoughts???????????????

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.