Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Your analogies are weak sauce. Bottom line, whatever you want to believe, if a car "accidentally" bumps into another car on private property, like your drive way, the cops aren't going to write a report. Period. End of story. If someone takes a bat to your car, that's vandalism, and possibly something else criminal. If someone intentionally hits your car with their car, likewise, probably something like vandalism or vehicular assault. Accidents where there are no injuries on private property, the cops are just going to say go pound sand . . .every time. Find me the law where it says they have to take an accident report where vehicles ding each other on private property and there are no injuries. If it's a required procedure by law, its defined by the legal code. Right?
lol i wasnt expecting the phrase weak sause to come from you kinda made my day a lil bit brighter :-)

anywho so check this out the guy gave me a wrong number to contact him with but the idiot still made a claim with his insurence? wtf? anywho i need your guys advise on this i want new tires so im thinking about puncturing one of my tires and saying its because of the accident so his insurence could buy me all new rubber all around being as how technically for awd cars u have to have the same tires and amount of tire all around which means 4 new tyres :-D.......no everyone toss me your thoughts because if i go threw with it it needs to be before tomarrow morning when i take my car to get assessed at a shop
Old 10-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
. . . anywho i need your guys advise on this i want new tires so im thinking about puncturing one of my tires and saying its because of the accident so his insurence could buy me all new rubber . . .
I can understand the temptation to exploit the situation, but that would be being deceitful. Little baby Jesus will cry, Happy Chubby Buddha will make a sad face, and probably you'll be punished by the Universe at some point. Go for what's yours, don't take no shi*, but no more. That's my opinion.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #23
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I can understand the temptation to exploit the situation, but that would be being deceitful. Little baby Jesus will cry, Happy Chubby Buddha will make a sad face, and probably you'll be punished by the Universe at some point. Go for what's yours, don't take no shi*, but no more. That's my opinion.
I agree with Vettezuki. Insurance fraud is one of the reasons we pay so much for insurance.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 AM   #24
Super Moderator

Did I ever say that police reports were mandated by law? Don't think I did... I doubt that most SOPs for cops are mandated. I said, and still believe that it is at the cops discretion, and the cops are well... f*cking lazy. They don't care about your car, why would they? I'm sure it depends on the cop, and from his point of view the situtation, but if you can get one, get one. Do everything in your power to get one. Why? Because in court, it is you against the defendant and if they don't agree with you and admit fault (even if they change their mind after the fact) your word means jack sh*t. A cops statement on the other hand, is gold. I've seen far too many disputes that could have been sooo easily clarified with a police report. Take my advice or don't, I don't really care... sorry.

As for weak sauce, your example is ten fold weak sauce! Haha. Whether the car crash was intentional vandalism or not it is NOT up to the police officer to decide. Remember that innocent till proven guilty thing they always say on Cops? It's his job to write an objective report that the judge can read through when your checkbook (or your ass) is on the line. IMHO.

Cornfed, leave your tire alone. Best case scenario they buy you ONE new tire. It is more likely that they will stick an $8 patch in the one that you have.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:00 AM   #25

i guess ill leave the tire alone

im gonna try and work another angle that isnt so fraud like. hear me out

so because my rim was defaced in this situation im gonna be getting a new rim regardless, but my tire is was past bald on the inside because of an already tad bit off alignment after, im thinking that when the new rim shows up they arent gonna wanna throw on a bald ass dangerous tire on my car......and to make it even worst im gonna have to get rebalanced and aligned anyways because the impact already threw off my alignment so how could they justify correcting my alignment with a messed up dangerously low tire that cant be fully aligned correctly because its worn unevenly and is dangerous to re-install and drive on?

so i will be needing a new tire regardless kind off? and try the same old awd cars need all consistant tires or else youll get drive train problems down the road story to get a new set?

how does this sound? if they shoot me down no big deal if they take it then hooray and nothing was messed with outside of the accedent?

dayum im desprete for some new tires lol
Old 10-07-2008, 04:06 AM   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
i guess ill leave the tire alone

im gonna try and work another angle that isnt so fraud like. hear me out

so because my rim was defaced in this situation im gonna be getting a new rim regardless, but my tire is was past bald on the inside because of an already tad bit off alignment after, im thinking that when the new rim shows up they arent gonna wanna throw on a bald ass dangerous tire on my car......and to make it even worst im gonna have to get rebalanced and aligned anyways because the impact already threw off my alignment so how could they justify correcting my alignment with a messed up dangerously low tire that cant be fully aligned correctly because its worn unevenly and is dangerous to re-install and drive on?

so i will be needing a new tire regardless kind off? and try the same old awd cars need all consistant tires or else youll get drive train problems down the road story to get a new set?

how does this sound? if they shoot me down no big deal if they take it then hooray and nothing was messed with outside of the accedent?

dayum im desprete for some new tires lol

Nice slipery slope. That's a good question, they shouldn't mount bald tires... ?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Nice slipery slope. That's a good question, they shouldn't mount bald tires... ?
ya exactly well in a few minutes im off to get my car checked out by a shop for the other guys insurence company :-(
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #28
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
ya exactly well in a few minutes im off to get my car checked out by a shop for the other guys insurence company :-(
Is it their guy or yours? If it's theirs take it to yours as well so that you have more quotes to negotiate with them because they are going to try and pay you as little as possible.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #29
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . . I'm sure it depends on the cop, and from his point of view the situtation, but if you can get one, get one. Do everything in your power to get one.
I understand your point. Here's your power: call a cop. Here's what the say: nobody hurt? private property? have a nice day. The end.

I've had a fairly unpleasant accident coming off an off ramp and into an intersection. I called out the CHP. He said because the contact occurred in the intersection it was out of his jurisdiction. He also said (this was in Irvine), don't bother calling them. Because nobody's hurt, they won't come out. This was on public roads for fu*k sake. And yes, the bastard did later try to sue for injuries later. Fortunately, my insurance (who took a report immediately from both of us I presume), told him to go pound sound and get lost.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Is it their guy or yours? If it's theirs take it to yours as well so that you have more quotes to negotiate with them because they are going to try and pay you as little as possible.
its the other guys insurence they made me go see one of there repair shops for a quick over view.....im pissed at what they estimated for my repairs,

the past primer scratches and the warpage under my headlight the guy wrote buff it out,

he didnt even mention my rim in the report, for the mega deep and wide scratches on my headlight he wrote buff it out?

for my fender i think there gonna try and hammer it straigh? WTF!!!!

the only good thing that came out of it was that for the alignment he wrote and any other fees that may result from it.

but ya on the paper he gave me it says his estimate is 1500 dollars? WTF!!!

1000 for labor, 300 for repairs, and the other 200 was on like misc...? dude no joke there trying to shaft me fuck them!

i know its gonna be found in his fault*the other driver* and imma take my car to a crazy expensive shop i know that did alot of body work on my dads truck when he got hit and they said they would clean up my whole car if i ever bring them an insurence job like my dad did.

fuck accidents man there so much drama just fix what your customer did properly damn!! so sick of the half assing people try to strive for in this world