Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Aren't you a sound engineer of sorts? Would you turn down the work if the government approached you for contracting?
Yes. I'm hardcore about it.

Quote:
Look at it this way, he was likely arrested at his own home, in front of his family, friends and neighbors. Was booked and held in a cell like every other criminal there. It's infuriating to anyone and he deserves a payout for it, whether the 2.2m is a proper sum or not the dealer needs to feel it bad. If they did some slimey shit like this what other stuff have they done and not blinked an eye at?
I understand the sentiment. But the law only deals with what's in front of it, not the "might also have done". It's an important point. So the question is a matter of what is just compensation. I don't know. My initial thoughts were something like a combination of

- public apology, like on front page of dealer website for some term (that's potentially a big fucking cost in lost sales for sure)
- direct apology
- notarized letter to employer stating it was their fuckup, not his, that could be kept on record and used whenever it comes up for him in the future
- free car
- some small multiple of car value in cash for trouble (listen people sometimes spend decades in prison on faulty prosecutions and the state gives them precisely dick, which I regard as INFINITELY worse)
- suspension without pay or termination of persons involved in making false accusation
- prosecution of those persons for making false accusations

This is in line with what I'd seek. My interest in law is justice and restoration to the greatest extent possible, and just looking for jackpot paydays ain't that IMO. Moreover, nobody was killed or even hurt. And the reputation issues can be dealt with reasonably I think.

Quote:
Also look at how the game usually works, no on wants to go to trial and the higher the initial suit amount the higher the pre-court settlement will be. I'd guess in the 1-1.2m range. Which is not out of the question for the situation.
Yes. That's probably the game they're playing. "Settle for undisclosed amount." Probably stipulate no talking about the settlement, etc. Meanwhile, the persons involved in actually doing wrong may not suffer hardly any consequences and even the dealer skate more or less under the radar.

I will say ultimately, that whatever the person and the dealer work out as a resolution outside of court is their business, not mine or anybody else's. If they want to pay him a million bucks for him to keep his mouth shut and he agrees then so be it.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #22
pain's fun, hit me again

Maybe it's the german in me but its not a matter of the money so much as making them hurt. I'm pretty spiteful and i'd be looking to make absolutely sure they remember me and their fuckup.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #23
Internet Tough Guy

You two should fuck.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
You two should fuck.
I prefer Latinos . . . Carlos. So easily . . ignited.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)