Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-19-2013, 06:22 AM   #2501
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Concure about the supras
Whats your alternate justification?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #2502
pain's fun, hit me again

I don't like supras nor the d-bags that own them.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #2503
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Thats really cool, minus the fact that you forgot to include naked lady servants.

You think one windmill would produce enough electricity for a home? I could believe it, my mom used to have a solar powered water heater. How do you keep the spring water free of enough bacteria and organisms to land you in an interesting episode of House MD?
Solar water heaters, also on the roof, are extremely effective at heating water. Well water can be tested for nasties, but I would certainly always filter any drinking water just to be on the safe side. (I filter tap water for that matter.) A windmill of even moderate size, this is a rather large one, can produce plenty of power for a home or more. In this location there is a fairly constant windmill-appropriate breeze. Not shown, but described in the design is a battery bank of nickel-iron batteries, to "buffer" the energy for draw.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #2504
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I don't like supras nor the d-bags that own them.
You must love vipers then . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #2505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I c wut u did there

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #2506
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Solar water heaters, also on the roof, are extremely effective at heating water. Well water can be tested for nasties, but I would certainly always filter any drinking water just to be on the safe side. (I filter tap water for that matter.) A windmill of even moderate size, this is a rather large one, can produce plenty of power for a home or more. In this location there is a fairly constant windmill-appropriate breeze. Not shown, but described in the design is a battery bank of nickel-iron batteries, to "buffer" the energy for draw.
The new solar power systems are effective. I am going to Phoenix later this fall and I will make a pitch to my parents. Whole sale they are about $2/ watt for equipment. They are about $8 a watt to from a retailer installed. Installation is easy, but you need a P.E. to sign your drawing and a license Electrician to connect it to your home's power source. Most people are building systems large enough to keep them in tier 1 power usage (monthly power bill ~$10-$30). Over building the system to feed the grid isn't worth it because the power company will only pay $.04 per KW. So the return on investment isn't worth over building the system.

I am building a system for the pool at my parents house. the pump will be solar powered (saving $100/month). Since it's a pump and direct drive there are no batteries required and no licensed electrician required to connect the system.

I have been looking into it based on several friends of mine seeing major returns, low maintenance (panels must be cleaned), and relatively low cost.

There are a bunch of kick backs that help mitigate the initial cost also.

P.S. Wind turbines are in jeopardy. High maintenance cost makes the $/KW number not work. Hippies are going to start attacking them since their are some "videos" of birds getting whacked. They can fail catastrophically (that's a fancy word for suddenly for the dumb fucks with rusty cars) too.

Brakes failed:

Transmission Failure:
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #2507
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
It's indicative of your numerous pathologies.
I have a signature style
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #2508

Any y'all ever seen plastic rust?

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #2509
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
The new solar power systems are effective. I am going to Phoenix later this fall and I will make a pitch to my parents. Whole sale they are about $2/ watt for equipment. They are about $8 a watt to from a retailer installed. Installation is easy, but you need a P.E. to sign your drawing and a license Electrician to connect it to your home's power source. Most people are building systems large enough to keep them in tier 1 power usage (monthly power bill ~$10-$30). Over building the system to feed the grid isn't worth it because the power company will only pay $.04 per KW. So the return on investment isn't worth over building the system.

I am building a system for the pool at my parents house. the pump will be solar powered (saving $100/month). Since it's a pump and direct drive there are no batteries required and no licensed electrician required to connect the system.

I have been looking into it based on several friends of mine seeing major returns, low maintenance (panels must be cleaned), and relatively low cost.

There are a bunch of kick backs that help mitigate the initial cost also.

P.S. Wind turbines are in jeopardy. High maintenance cost makes the $/KW number not work. Hippies are going to start attacking them since their are some "videos" of birds getting whacked. They can fail catastrophically (that's a fancy word for suddenly for the dumb fucks with rusty cars) too.
Keep me posted on your solar projects. Since the kind of stuff I'm interested in is off grid, no fucks are given about licensed electricians, proofed drawings etc. (But I'm not a redneck with a death wish either.) I've heard of some DIY getting down to below $1/watt. I think most modern cells are still loosing about 1%/year in efficiency, but that's not too bad. There's some other solar tech that's being downsized from commercial, but it will be many years before it's available for houses.

My grandpa is an engineer from the aerospace days. He and a buddy are rigging up solar powered pool pumps too.

Windmills are mixed bag. On the upside, a small installation can put out many kilowatts if it's properly located in a wind corridor. This site would be perfect *most* of the year. But it has Santa Anas a couple times a year, absolutely requiring the blade be locked. I think the catastrophic failures, TMK, are almost all because of one point of failure with a particular bearing in the design, that just receives constant high stress. It's being improved too. But yeah, in a desert site like the one I have, solar exposure is pretty much year round, no obstructions and there's plenty of surface area.

The best you can do in site designs like this, but is very rare to have access is micro-hyrdo. Super efficient large amounts of power through small systems that are very durable. There just aren't many places with a nice stream and a good fall.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #2510
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
I actually almost bought a 1993 Viper, probably a good thing I didn't

Stopping the world!