Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #2391
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Let me clarify. If I bring my Mustang out to play it will be ready.
Wait, so proving you are a better driver than me by beating me in my Cobra with your stock Mustang is no longer the case? What are your plans for it then? You already said you added big brakes and since I have stock brakes you will have a braking advantage but then again according to you brakes are just an excuse. What else do you have planned for it?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #2392
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Wait, so proving you are a better driver than me by beating me in my Cobra with your stock Mustang is no longer the case? What are your plans for it then? You already said you added big brakes and since I have stock brakes you will have a braking advantage but then again according to you brakes are just an excuse. What else do you have planned for it?
If the intent is to isolate driver, it has to be the same car, same track, same conditions. Other than that is kind of silly, too many "buts". An option is to swap cars, so each drive your own AND the other's car. With timing and scoring data, the picture would be pretty clear.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #2393
Fast & Filthy

No offense to Carlos but with how he drives on the rev limiter I wouldn't want him driving the Cobra. I drive it hard but I don't over run the engine. My rev limiter is set to the factory 6250 and I shift it at 5800-6000. Just watch the video of me and Phil running the Cobra on the autocross and you can hear how much easier I am on the engine than even Phil is and he never hit the rev limiter.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #2394
I, Vettezuki

Fair point. I only mean to say that if the driver is not isolated/controlled for as a parameter, there won't be any "conclusion".

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #2395
Fast & Filthy

I agree but he did say that he could beat us in his stock Mustang and now has plans to change it. That would have been like him saying he could beat the Cobra in a drag race in his Vette back when we raced and then changed to a drag race suspension and tubed his Vette for the race.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #2396
pain's fun, hit me again

So I just got a call from the body shop. It's 90% certain the truck is totalled. KBB Shows value of 8000-8500 for that truck.

Checked values for a 1999-2000 f250 and they are only 6500-8500.

Checked value for my 08, its 12000-13000.

So here's my quandry, use the money to buy another 99-00 Superduty and call it a day. Cheap insurance, cheap registration, cheap smog, done and paid for. Continue trying to sell the 08, or give it away at a loss.

Use money to fix the 08, justify the truck payment, still owe 7k but have a new truck basically, new trans and engine.

Buy another 97 Powerstroke.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #2397
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
So I just got a call from the body shop. It's 90% certain the truck is totalled. KBB Shows value of 8000-8500 for that truck.

Checked values for a 1999-2000 f250 and they are only 6500-8500.

Checked value for my 08, its 12000-13000.

So here's my quandry, use the money to buy another 99-00 Superduty and call it a day. Cheap insurance, cheap registration, cheap smog, done and paid for. Continue trying to sell the 08, or give it away at a loss.

Use money to fix the 08, justify the truck payment, still owe 7k but have a new truck basically, new trans and engine.

Buy another 97 Powerstroke.
If you're fundamentally trying to build ahead to buying a house and stuff like that, then all decisions need to be oriented towards accumulating money. (That's the opposite of spending.)

I'd opt for another 99-00 SuperDuty free and clear. I'd seriously consider just giving the 08 away, just to get it out of your hair.

That must have been the biggest cluster fuck blowout of all time. I had a tire completely self-destroy in the loaded Dodge on the trip to Milwaukee, nothing other than the tire was hurt.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #2398
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If you're fundamentally trying to build ahead to buying a house and stuff like that, then all decisions need to be oriented towards accumulating money. (That's the opposite of spending.)

I'd opt for another 99-00 SuperDuty free and clear. I'd seriously consider just giving the 08 away, just to get it out of your hair.

That must have been the biggest cluster fuck blowout of all time. I had a tire completely self-destroy in the loaded Dodge on the trip to Milwaukee, nothing other than the tire was hurt.
Well, two tires in a row didnt help, the entire bed is bent inward. Hard to close the tail gate and now it hangs about 2" off the passenger side of the truck.

I'm leaning towards the Superduty as well. I'm thinking of dropping the 08 to what I owe and letting it go. If they give me the worth, and my mods back then i'll do that. It would be nice to be free and clear again, minus the small loan I took out, but that can be paid quickly.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #2399
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Frist, the Mustang is 100% factory stock including the brakes. I only took the air pressure down and it had the factory alignment.

Second, I think I am a better driver than you are at the Roval. I'm sure if we went to the bullshit Adams track you would be faster since I have never driven it. I think it's a little ridicoulous to think I wouldn't be faster based on the fast that I have been there a whole bunch of times. I wouldn't have thought you to be the kind of person to think you have mastered a track after ONE DAY.

WHat difference does it make what my Stang has done to it. It's stock now. The roval is open this weekend. But you are at a disadvantage because you're 500+rwhp (460 rwhp is what you told me it made when we raced) doesn't have meth, tires, brakes...............

Roval is open this weekend
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 09-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #2400
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
No offense to Carlos but with how he drives on the rev limiter I wouldn't want him driving the Cobra. I drive it hard but I don't over run the engine. My rev limiter is set to the factory 6250 and I shift it at 5800-6000. Just watch the video of me and Phil running the Cobra on the autocross and you can hear how much easier I am on the engine than even Phil is and he never hit the rev limiter.
Hmm, so I'm not one of the guys claiming that his race car is a DD so I drive it about as hard as it can be driven. That's why I have a big truck and a trailer. My ls2 lasted 3 years of racing just about every month like that. It was actually killed by heat. I shifted it at 7200.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter