Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #231
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Well there are a few reasons for that IMO. Most don't have the proper environment for it, so it's easy to claim its bad cause they will more than likely not use it. Second, only your damned state mandates it lol, and lastly it's just as good, but the dry times/requirements almost add a step. Painters mock it for good reasons, but being someone that paints its something I'd like to try.
Waterborne is what all auto manufacturers use now. It also drys faster then lacquer, not sure where you heard it takes longer. It has a 15 min flash time, the clear, like all clears is what takes a while to properly harden, even so, when we sprayed the bay, it was 80% hardened in the first 30 minutes. It was a different clear, but that's pretty damn impressive IMO
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #232
pain's fun, hit me again

Agenda for this weekend, finish all my fucking powder coating. I have a bunch of stuff of my own as well as other peoples. Once that stuff is finished i'll officially have a turn key engine.

Paint is well under way to completion, I cant wait.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #233

Hurry up and get that stuff done already!

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 03-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #234
pain's fun, hit me again

Stopping the world!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:16 AM   #235

Hopefully you wont scratch anything when you put it in the car like I did.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #236
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm not worried about it. I've gotten pretty good at installing engines, as long as you know you're inevitibily going to scratch something, you'll be less irritated about it.

Stopping the world!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #237
Fast & Filthy

What are you doing, you left one black!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #238
pain's fun, hit me again

I know, it bothers me too, but the compressor pulley will also be black, no way of safely baking the magnet to color it silver. So for now, they'll both be black.

Stopping the world!

Last edited by Shaolin Crane : 03-19-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #239
pain's fun, hit me again

working on making the a/c components presentable

Stopping the world!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #240
pain's fun, hit me again

First pic the top one is the one that came off the car originally. The bottom one is a nicer one that I painted. Tomorrow i'll seal them with some clear.

Stopping the world!