Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #221
Fast & Filthy

You also have more room in your engine bay than I do and that aftercooler is tight in your car. I'm not sure I could make it fit. But I'm fine with running methanol. Besides, with methanol I might not need to buy race fuel to run it on a road course which would be nice.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #222

Can you fit a front mount intercooler?

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #223
Fast & Filthy

I could fit the intercooler but not the tubing.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #224
Internet Tough Guy

The 90 elbow on the discharge of the blower makes it hard. I would stick With the meth injection. It works and keeps it simple. At least you won't have to worry about blowing off intercooler hoses.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #225
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
You also have more room in your engine bay than I do and that aftercooler is tight in your car. I'm not sure I could make it fit. But I'm fine with running methanol. Besides, with methanol I might not need to buy race fuel to run it on a road course which would be nice.
Nah engine bays are identical,, I've installed them on SN cars, ton of work if you want to keep you cruise control and smog stuff, and I mean a ton of work so much so that most people dump it. Remember my cobra had the fox stuff on it but I lost the cruise control.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #226
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Can you fit a front mount intercooler?
Not with a vortech kit and even the renegade pro charger kit requires some serious hacking to fit.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 AM   #227

Yeah, looking at that pic, there isn't room for anything else. At least the nipple on the discharge makes it a great place to inject meth. Nice smooth injection direction. I don't really like injecting 90 degrees into a pipe, yours will inject in the exact direction as the air flow.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 07-15-2013, 05:17 AM   #228
Internet Tough Guy

I had a procharger P1 SC on my 1996 gt. the intercooler was huge and required very little effort to fit. The only real problem I see is the elbow on the blower dis discharge.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #229
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I had a procharger P1 SC on my 1996 gt. the intercooler was huge and required very little effort to fit. The only real problem I see is the elbow on the blower dis discharge.
Completely different kits with wildly different installs
OHC

OHV

Stopping the world!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #230
Fast & Filthy

I knew that I could use the fox TB to install one and that I would lose my cruise control but I don't want to do that. I drive this car to northern CA and AZ to customers and really don't want to lose the cruise control. I'll be using methanol.

Speaking of long trips, back a few years ago we had a thread about MPG on boosted engines related to vacuum. I did some mileage tests in the Cobra and found that with the old engine combo that I got the best MPG at 60 mph which was 28 something. Yesterday when I left for your shop I filled the Cobra up near my house and reset the trip odometer. When I got home I filled up again to see what kind of mileage I got. I drove 70 the whole way to the shop and mostly 70 on the way home except where I ran into a little traffic that slowed to 60 for a couple miles. I was amazed to see that I pulled 30.235 MPG. I knew it was getting better mileage but I didn't expect that. Before I would get about 23 MPG at 70.

Is it possible that the stations fuel pump might be the reason I think it's averaged so much? The reason I ask is that when I filled up the first time I used a different station than I did when I the second time. The way I filled up the first time was I set the handle to pump at the slowest rate and let it click off by itself. I did the same thing the second time but it clicked off after just .6 gallons. I knew that wasn't correct because I had driven 52 miles. So I started the pump again but it clicked off right away. So the third time I held the handle by hand as slow as I could go and it clicked off at 1.72 gallons. Is it possible that the pumps at the second station are just more sensitive to the overflow?