Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithc View Post
My dad and I drove around this morning and we able to get to Savi Ranch without a problem. We had heard Michael's and a furniture as well as John Force's place had burned down, but when we got there we were surprised to see every building in that center still standing. We didn't see any damage to any of the buildings and we figured if there was, there would be at least a few police cars or something to keep people out. We did see a few cars near one of the smaller private businesses that had burned, but that was it. There were a few large groups of people just standing around looking up to the hills of YL to see any devastation.

There's not a lot of you that know them, but the Joubert's house was burned down last night. They showed it on the news last night and zoomed in on it for like 5-10 minutes and I felt so bad for them. The worst part is, only Louise and Sarah are here because their parents are in the middle of a 16 day cruise. I know they were able to get out okay, but I'm not sure how much stuff they were able to save. Obviously they're both incredibly upset, as I'm sure Diana is. We're going to try and get some gift certificates to Nordstroms or something for them so they can go buy some clothes or whatever they need.

We're still unsure of the condo. They showed at least 2 of the buildings from that complex on the news last night and they were completely engulfed. Of course we couldn't tell which buildings they were, but they didn't look like ours. When we drove around this morning, they still had La Palma blocked off at the Honda/Acura dealership, so we weren't able to get back there and check for ourselves.
That's terrible about the Joubert's house I heard the same thing about Savi. It just shows how much misinformation was floating around...
Old 11-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #12
FWD = FAIL

8:30 am to 11:45 pm Thats what I worked to help the o2 patients went to the evac sites a few times to drop off equip for people that needed it free of charge my Company name will stay out of this cause I'm not sure we are allowed to do it but people needed help and my bosses and myself would be damned if we would try to help with what we could. Helped at the brea community center for awhile helping redcross it was a crazy night. I'm still tired.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #13
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Glenn, thanks for the phone call man, I appreciate it For everybody wondering, we're doing fine and our place didn't get evacuated. We're going to hang here tonight. We have stuff packed just in case though. Leedom wasn't quite as lucky, the evacuated his house about an hour ago. He seems to think it's probably fairly safe though

Just making sure you were ok. Glad you came out good. I feel really bad for the people that lost their homes.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-17-2008, 09:31 AM   #14
Boost Junkie

One of my coworkers cousins lost her house... it's terrible. I'm glad everyone is ok.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 AM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
One of my coworkers cousins lost her house... it's terrible. I'm glad everyone is ok.
Thanks for the text by the way Tyler. Yesterday we went up the hill and saw some houses that had burned down in the distance. Pretty awful stuff - I feel terrible for those poor people.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Yeah it's just DEVISTATING! I did hear about the Jouberts (sp?). That is just nutz how her parents are away on a cruise. How would you like making that phone call....uh mom dad, you'll never belive this....I'm glad that Diana and Brian I believe have a home in Corona (from what I remember). Maybe they can all camp out there for a while during the time the yorba linda home gets rebuilt.

I also got a chance to drive around on Sunday morning. I was amazed at where the fires actually got. Yes savi is all in tact including John Force. Michaels was just fine, just smokey inside (I had to go get some yarn) and the furniture store I think just got a bath (the fire sprinklers went off and ruined the furniture).

I was thinking that the El Dorado Band should host a garage sale to raise money for the Jouberts or a donation of things for them. I wasn't close with them but I just feel so bad. We had a girl here at work lose her place and I'm giving items to her to help out. Her place was the anaheim hills appartment complex.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #17
Graphics B*tch

We are back home and our house is safe. We had 3 cars full of pictures and some clothes. We spent the night at my girlfriend's house in Mission Viejo. We finally got back into our house around 4 on sunday. The pics below are a few I took before we left. I will take some more this weekend showing the aftermath. My thoughts go out to anyone who has been affected by this fire.

View from the drive way

View from half way up the hill behind the house. Those are flames about 6 miles away and closing fast. They cam within about a mile or 2 of the house. We watched 2 houses burn in the area across the major street leading to our housing track.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 11-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Holy crap those flames must be well over a thousand feet tall. My grandparents live right up the hill from you. Their house was pretty safe in that it is all tile, stucco, and cement, with a sprinkler system. That's good cuz I almost burnt it down during construction, but that's a different story. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Yeah it's just DEVISTATING! I did hear about the Jouberts (sp?). That is just nutz how her parents are away on a cruise. How would you like making that phone call....uh mom dad, you'll never belive this....
I don't think I'd call them. There's no reason to interrupt their cruise. Nobody died.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #20
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I don't think I'd call them. There's no reason to interrupt their cruise. Nobody died.
By the way, our idea of running carbon canyon and the 71 went right out the window because of this. Aaron couldn't get to our place all weekend as a matter of fact. Do you think Carbon Canyon will be back open by the 13th?