Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Not really such a big fan of robbery, in fact execution seems reasonable for this kind of degenerate behavior, but it makes for a nice action sequence.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Not really such a big fan of robbery, in fact execution seems reasonable for this kind of degenerate behavior, but it makes for a nice action sequence.

Trailer
Yeah, how dare a citizen try to rob an oil company. Haha.

There's no release date! What am I to do?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Yeah, how dare a citizen try to rob an oil company. Haha.

There's no release date! What am I to do?
Theft is theft. Gas is/was expensive because oil commodity prices went up becuase speculators bid it up for various mostly legit reasons. The oil companies didn't steal anything from you. Want cheaper gas? Stabilize the dollar and expand future potential supplies, which has a remarkable effect on the price of "Futures".

Moreover, all theft loss is passed onto the law abiding consumer. Rarely will a company eat this expense. Literally when you buy many things, a portion of the expense is factored theft loss. That's right, you're subsidizing thieves. Take that into consideration the next time you watch some sort of "stick it to the man" Commie propaganda BS.

Anyway, you've got your Costco jar of Vaseline and life size cardboard cutout of Vin Diesel. You'll be indefinitely fine.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Anyway, you've got your Costco jar of Vaseline and life size cardboard cutout of Vin Diesel. You'll be indefinitely fine.
Plus you can still watch him in slow-mo in The Fast and the Furious!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #15
Neanderthal

Quote:
Theft is theft. Gas is/was expensive because oil commodity prices went up becuase speculators bid it up for various mostly legit reasons. The oil companies didn't steal anything from you. Want cheaper gas? Stabilize the dollar and expand future potential supplies, which has a remarkable effect on the price of "Futures".

Moreover, all theft loss is passed onto the law abiding consumer. Rarely will a company eat this expense. Literally when you buy many things, a portion of the expense is factored theft loss. That's right, you're subsidizing thieves. Take that into consideration the next time you watch some sort of "stick it to the man" Commie propaganda BS.

Actually, he's not alone- Darlene has a BIG CRUSH on Vin. She wants a life size cardboard cutout with all the correct appendages.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 08-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #16
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Actually, he's not alone- Darlene has a BIG CRUSH on Vin. She wants a life size cardboard cutout with all the correct appendages.
She won't want enkeivette's. It's all sticky!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
...Stabilize the dollar and expand future potential supplies, which has a remarkable effect on the price of "Futures".
I voted for Kerry.

Quote:
It's nearly impossible to pass theft loss onto the customer unless you have a monopoly. If you jack up the price of gas to cover your loss, people will fill up across the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
She won't want enkeivette's. It's all sticky!
I wouldn't share it anyways.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . .
It's nearly impossible to pass theft loss onto the customer unless you have a monopoly. If you jack up the price of gas to cover your loss, people will fill up across the street. . . .
You're funny. I don't think there is a meaningful internal loss for gas at the commercial level, so it's not as relevant as other retail businesses. However, in their case I imagine the retail outlet *may* have to eat the markup from the refinery depending on their market. Anyway, maybe you eat the cost, or maybe its some nice little mom and pop service station . . . it ain't "big oil" if it's the idea of piracy that excites you.

Actually, this kind of piracy and black market activity is endemic to festering 3rd world shit holes. Ironically, many are propagandized and deluded into believing this is the consequence of poverty when in fact it is one of the main propagators thereof.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #19

oh look the movie that gave u guys imports on a massive level attempting to compete with yall!!!

on ya and it also brought the evo the to U.S. so i guess i cant talk to much shit on this film its kinda like my adam and eve....omega and alpha.....beginning and the end!!! lol

also i do believe the hero car in this movie is either the new sti :-( which u can see painted in nice raider colors in the trailer or the new GT-R

my money is on the sti though my friend whos car is supposed to be in the movie tagged along with the director while he waited for a mitsu rep to show up with a new evo *which was supposed to be the hero car* but i guess when he showed up he had an attitude and acted like a prick when the director wanted pics *this was back b4 the new evo came out so mitsu wanted to keep the look of the official car under wraps GOD KNOWS Y??*

well during all this i guess a last minute call was made to get a subie rep with a new sti down there and well he showed up open arms and let them test drive the car and pretty much gave the director what he wanted. which is y supposedly the sti is the main car in this flick!!

i guess only time well tell to see if my friend was correct about what he said? lol
Old 08-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #20

either way dont act like u guys arent gonna watch this film lol