Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Ok so I thought I was in the clear...we tried to go for another ride yesterday and we're going and then about 1/2 way there, my chain comes off. Wonderful! So I get down and dirty with the bike (my 15 year old bike) and I fix it, then I get the squeeks, ee err ee err, I'm like, oh brother. I had just cleaned it, and oiled it just prior to heading out. So I zone that out, and then I notice that I'm not coasting very fast....or easy, downhill, and then think nothing of it. Then I'm aout 3/4 of the way to our destination and I'm like what the heck, I'm work'n pretty freak'n hard here, and not going very far.

I look back at my wobble rim and notice that I a flat on the rear. I guess a bike that is about 15 year old needs a new non-cracked tire. What do you think? Maybe I'll actually get moving quicker then Sean....I'm starting to think that I was working twice as hard the past two days then I actually needed to.

Headed to the bike store today to see what they say......is it worth a cleaning, and rear tire...or should I just get a new bike. I yi yi, what a week. Hehe
Old 08-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Ok so I thought I was in the clear...we tried to go for another ride yesterday and we're going and then about 1/2 way there, my chain comes off. Wonderful! So I get down and dirty with the bike (my 15 year old bike) and I fix it, then I get the squeeks, ee err ee err, I'm like, oh brother. I had just cleaned it, and oiled it just prior to heading out. So I zone that out, and then I notice that I'm not coasting very fast....or easy, downhill, and then think nothing of it. Then I'm aout 3/4 of the way to our destination and I'm like what the heck, I'm work'n pretty freak'n hard here, and not going very far.

I look back at my wobble rim and notice that I a flat on the rear. I guess a bike that is about 15 year old needs a new non-cracked tire. What do you think? Maybe I'll actually get moving quicker then Sean....I'm starting to think that I was working twice as hard the past two days then I actually needed to.

Headed to the bike store today to see what they say......is it worth a cleaning, and rear tire...or should I just get a new bike. I yi yi, what a week. Hehe
Fullerton Bicycle on Commonwealth can do a "tune-up" including new tire for around $65 - $100 depending on how much is needed. You might have a stretched chain, worn casette, etc. It depends. There are considerably good bikes available from around $600 these days depending on what you want.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Fullerton Bicycle on Commonwealth can do a "tune-up" including new tire for around $65 - $100 depending on how much is needed. You might have a stretched chain, worn casette, etc. It depends. There are considerably good bikes available from around $600 these days depending on what you want.
So after taking my bike around to several different shops the outcome is that I'm going to have to purchase a head stone for my bike. It's not worth fixing...we'll be waiting until Sept (bday season) to get myself a new bike. Poor, bike.....he was a great pal while he lasted.