Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
hell why's it even matter, it's a cool idea and he had the money for it! I think it's awesome.

if i wanted to spend 30k doing some kind of ridiculous swap just for kicks and can afford it why not?

maybe there is no justification for you... this bloke thought it'd be a good idea and obviously makes enough money to do it.
Other than your mysterious use of the word "bloke", I basically agree. Enkei is a big fat meanie.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
hell why's it even matter, it's a cool idea and he had the money for it! I think it's awesome.

if i wanted to spend 30k doing some kind of ridiculous swap just for kicks and can afford it why not?

maybe there is no justification for you... this bloke thought it'd be a good idea and obviously makes enough money to do it.
I agree as well. It wouldn't be 1st idea for a swap, but it's cool anyway.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Other than your mysterious use of the word "bloke", I basically agree. Enkei is a big fat meanie.
bloke, chap, chappie, amigo, hombre, dude, guy, gent, gentleman... which would u prefer? It's all the bloody same to me...

Lol all seriousness aside I knew a guy who swapped an h22 honda prelude motor into an acura integra gsr (a fantastic platform in and of itself), and made it a mid engine rwd car. ridiculous by your standards right Enkei...? however... fine craftsmanship and a sleeper to boot. Why did he do it? cause it'd be cool, he could afford it, and noone else had done it. isn't that part of what modifying is all about? Sure, I could buy an M3 if I had the money, it'd be a great platform. or even an RX7 IMO an even better platform. maybe not to you, but I see the option for extreme customization. I always that modifying was about making something that is original and unique, let alone fast.

one more example is Vettzuki's vette. why not just buy a c5? or a z06? he put the motor in something different and exciting thus completing the cycle of modification and customization. Vettezuki, i you.

This guy/bloke with the vanquished mustang? FTW. A true visionary with a greater realization for going outside the box and doing something no one thought could or should be done.

Do I hear a "hear hear" ???

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
bloke, chap, chappie, amigo, hombre, dude, guy, gent, gentleman... which would u prefer? It's all the bloody same to me...

Lol all seriousness aside I knew a guy who swapped an h22 honda prelude motor into an acura integra gsr (a fantastic platform in and of itself), and made it a mid engine rwd car. ridiculous by your standards right Enkei...? however... fine craftsmanship and a sleeper to boot. Why did he do it? cause it'd be cool, he could afford it, and noone else had done it. isn't that part of what modifying is all about? Sure, I could buy an M3 if I had the money, it'd be a great platform. or even an RX7 IMO an even better platform. maybe not to you, but I see the option for extreme customization. I always that modifying was about making something that is original and unique, let alone fast.

one more example is Vettzuki's vette. why not just buy a c5? or a z06? he put the motor in something different and exciting thus completing the cycle of modification and customization. Vettezuki, i you.

This guy/bloke with the vanquished mustang? FTW. A true visionary with a greater realization for going outside the box and doing something no one thought could or should be done.

Jolly good lad.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #15
Boost Junkie

*patiently awaits for Enkei's comeback*

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
Neanderthal

Quote:

In my High School Auto Voc class, one of the guys took a VW BUS and shortened it and put a 289 mid ships inside. Why......cause he could.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #17
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
In my High School Auto Voc class, one of the guys took a VW BUS and shortened it and put a 289 mid ships inside. Why......cause he could.
YES haha very nice

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 07-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #18
Graphics B*tch

I would love to have a V12 in my stang. That would be fun. I think the front end is ugly though. Maybe it is the first part of the build for that car but I would like to see more body and suspension mods.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 07-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:

Why does it matter? Read my earlier posts, they are very explanatory.

Quote:
Lol all seriousness aside I knew a guy who swapped an h22 honda prelude motor into an acura integra gsr (a fantastic platform in and of itself), and made it a mid engine rwd car. ridiculous by your standards right Enkei...?
Not at all, unless he paid some shop 50K for the fab work to do it. But if he did it in his driveway, rad. Cheap motor in a cheap car with some ingenuity, putting down some respectable performance... Good for him.

Quote:
Zuki's Vette is not a good comparison. An LS1 is one of, if not the most affordable and reliable source for hot rod power. You're comparing filet mignon to a burger. They both provide ample protein, but you can't buy a steak at Carls Jr for 99 cents. Zuki's rod makes a whole hell of a lot of sense, and many other LS1 C3ers seem to agree.

Quote:
No.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #20
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Why does it matter? Read my earlier posts, they are very explanatory.

Not at all, unless he paid some shop 50K for the fab work to do it. But if he did it in his driveway, rad. Cheap motor in a cheap car with some ingenuity, putting down some respectable performance... Good for him.

Zuki's Vette is not a good comparison. An LS1 is one of, if not the most affordable and reliable source for hot rod power. You're comparing filet mignon to a burger. They both provide ample protein, but you can't buy a steak at Carls Jr for 99 cents. Zuki's rod makes a whole hell of a lot of sense, and many other LS1 C3ers seem to agree.

Yes you're absolutely right and I concede my argument.
As far as Vettezuki's vette goes, it's still a prime example of customization although it does make perfect sense and I wasn't arguing that particular fact... simply that its custom.

So why not an expensive motor in a cheap car then? Cheap + Cheap equals good, Expensive + Cheap equals better then right? If you want to compare relatively speaking... a b18c5 into a 1990 integra... 5-6k for motor.... 500 bucks for the car. that relative enough to you? 15k car + 60k motor or however much? Pretty similar.

and he did do it in a shop... just by himself and friends however.

You're entitled to your opinions... I just think they're wrong. My only real point I guess is... wait for it... wait for it... THERE'S NO POINT TO THIS AT ALL EXCEPT THAT IT'S AWESOME. The End.

<guy in turbo eclipse>