Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Cuda looks like a Stingray 3
Old 05-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Look at how much of a turn the charger and challenger took. Cars get sleeker as time goes on, its the nature of the industry. They need to stay with the times to get business.

Ron, have you seen the Chevy Malibu? Hahahaha
Old 05-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostGT500 View Post
I like it especially if they go with the cobra/gt500 and do a twin turbo 5.0
That would be supercar power.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
Fast & Filthy

How about the 1968 Nova compared to the 1988 Nova. Sometimes they need to just stick to what worked. If they want to make a drastic change give it a new name.

1968 Nova

1988 Nova
Old 05-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
How about the 1968 Nova compared to the 1988 Nova. Sometimes they need to just stick to what worked. If they want to make a drastic change give it a new name.

1968 Nova

1988 Nova
Yes...the 1988 Nova was a great looking car.....
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Good call with the Daytona idea. And yes, something smaller, lighter, multi-link, that design and TT 5.0 fo $60k or so would be way fing cool, probably start taking from the Vette.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #17
Super Moderator

I cant believe in the last 60 years Ford hasnt tried to compete with the Vette in the consumer market.

That reminds me, the new Vette is the 60th anniversary car
Old 05-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I cant believe in the last 60 years Ford hasnt tried to compete with the Vette in the consumer market.

That reminds me, the new Vette is the 60th anniversary car
If I'm not mistaken they considered it early on with the T-Bird, then took the cruiser direction.

Other than that there is the GT of course, but mostly they just have focused on their massive Mustang market with all of its numerous forks and levels. Probably smart overall, but I wished they would have done something more too.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #19
Super Moderator

The GT has never been on the same playing field as the Vette. The supercharged IRS Cobras got closer, but theyre still a four seater and they still look like a Mustang.

GT goes after the Camaro market. Its kind of funny that there is so much shit talking that goes on between those two cars, since theyre fundamentally the same. Its like Accord owners talking shit on Maxima owners.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
The GT has never been on the same playing field as the Vette. The supercharged IRS Cobras got closer, but theyre still a four seater and they still look like a Mustang.

GT goes after the Camaro market. Its kind of funny that there is so much shit talking that goes on between those two cars, since theyre fundamentally the same. Its like Accord owners talking shit on Maxima owners.
I'm talking about Ford's estimate of Return on Investment, not what the cars are. These corporations are about making scratch, and with some amazing exceptions from history, that is mostly a bean counters game now. I'd love to see Ford step into the ring against Vette with a high mid-end two seater, but there's already Vette (and Viper). It's an enormous risk without terribly clear potential gain. If I were on the Board at Ford, I wouldn't advise it at scale, but might entertain some kind of relationship with a boutique maker like Panoz. Sort of how Shelby was in the 60s, but modernized.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)