Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
Super Moderator

What the code? Vehicle code or municipal code?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #12

I hate pedantic enforcement of the law. If your trailer hitch is hanging over the sidewalk 1", does it block the sidewalk? No. If you have your trailer going completely across the sidewalk, does it block the sidewalk, Yes. Yet you still get the same ticket. You can bet that with tax revenues flat and public unions demanding raises that things are going to get worse out there.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
What the code? Vehicle code or municipal code?
VIOLATION: 8.44 080 FMC
Quote:
Overnight Parking 2:00AM - 5:00AM: F.M.C. 8.44.080

No person shall park a vehicle, which is subject to provisions of Section 25100 of the California Vehicle Code, on any residential street in the City of Fullerton between the hours of two a.m. and five a.m. (F.M.C. 8.44.080) of any day unless the street has been exempted from the ordinance. Certain areas may be exempted from the provisions of the 2:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m. parking prohibition by resolution of the City Council and listed below:

Select Street Exemption

Property owners may apply for a “Select Street Exemption” for an entire block, either one side or both. Property owners must submit a petition signed by a majority of the property owners on both sides of the street. Petitions may be obtained at the front desk of the Engineering Department in City Hall. There is a $390 non-refundable fee required to forward the petition to the Transportation and Circulation Commission for an exemption. Exemptions are only granted for those areas having an off-street parking deficiency under existing City ordinances. The current standards specify that anything less than a two-car garage, for a typical single-family home, is considered parking deficient; other standards apply to multi-family units/developments. The smallest area which may be exempted is one city block. A street that has been exempted from the ordinance, allowing overnight parking between the hours of two a.m. and five a.m., will be sign posted at the entrance to the street and/or tract indicating that overnight parking is permitted. The signs will clearly read, "Parking Permitted 2:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.". Contact the Traffic Engineering Department at 738-6858 for further information.

Hardship Exemption

Property owners may be eligible for a “Hardship Exemption” permit for an interim parking deficiency due to changing family/residents needs.This permit is provided only to those residents who currently utilize all available off-street parking and have an interim parking deficiency due to a hardship as defined by Council.Said permit shall be available in one-year increments from date of issuance.The applicability of the requested Hardship Exemption shall be determined and approved at the sole discretion of the Police Department.Contact the Police Department Traffic Division at 738-5313 for further information.

Temporary Exemption

Property owners may be eligible for a “Temporary Exemption” permit for short-term parking deficiencies such as, but not limited to, emergencies, out of town visitors, or short-term construction 9driveways, home repair, etc.).The applicability of the requested Hardship Exemption shall be determined and approved at the sole discretion of the Police Department.Contact the Police Department Traffic Division at 738-5313 for further information.
I could even legitimately sort of apply for the hardship one. The reason I parked on the street, which I DON'T prefer to do, was so that my brother would have space to work in the drive til quite late. I had already gone to bed.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Do it, and see if they'll retroactively waive this ticket. Show up with a shirt and a tie and you're more likely to get helped.

I thought there would have been some sort of non-permit exception... damn. That's how I've gotten out of a few of mine.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Tell them you had a 24hr plumber over to fix a broken pipe late. So you let him park in the driveway for easy access to his truck.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Seriously, when the great revolution comes, the skulls of parking ticket cops will be high on my list to add my collection.
Meh, don't take it out on the people who have a family to support. Aim for those that made the stupid law.

Nissan 350Z (SOLD): Great for everyday driving and occasional corner carving

Mods: MREV2, HFC, CAI, Plenum Spacer, Osiris Tune, GR+Pro Coil Overs, SPC alignment
Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpeedAddictX View Post
Meh, don't take it out on the people who have a family to support. Aim for those that made the stupid law.
Kind of a tangent but I look at it almost the exact opposite. Without enforcers stupid laws have no meaning. I don't care that people make dumb laws, I care that they are ALL ultimately backed up with a death threat and people willing to carry it out.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #18

Quote:
Kind of a tangent but I look at it almost the exact opposite. Without enforcers stupid laws have no meaning. I don't care that people make dumb laws, I care that they are ALL ultimately backed up with a death threat and people willing to carry it out.
Let's face it, people tend to have families to support or bills to pay or other circumstances that mandate that they receive a paycheck. But you would rather look down upon them instead of those that sit there and decide how they are going to bring in more revenue which ultimately results in silly laws? The job was created because a law was made.

Mods: MREV2, HFC, CAI, Plenum Spacer, Osiris Tune, GR+Pro Coil Overs, SPC alignment
Old 12-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpeedAddictX View Post
Let's face it, people tend to have families to support or bills to pay or other circumstances that mandate that they receive a paycheck.
Me too. I don't steal from people though.

Quote:
But you would rather look down upon them instead of those that sit there and decide how they are going to bring in more revenue which ultimately results in silly laws? The job was created because a law was made.
They're on the same team. It's basically an "I was just following orders" argument. I don't "look down" on them. I critizie their choice as being part of an exploitative organization that's all.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Me too. I don't steal from people though.

They're on the same team. It's basically an "I was just following orders" argument. I don't "look down" on them. I critizie their choice as being part of an exploitative organization that's all.
I guess the main point I am trying to make is to "nip the problem in the butt". There will always be someone there to fill the 8.75-15/hr job. The argument can be made that all those who would take the job for any amount within that pay range should be taken out but then the pay rate will just climb to 15.01-20/hr and so on and so on.