Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
Graphics B*tch

Some day I want to get a 50's F100 and fix it up. I love the look of those things.

I will be following this one.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #12

Thanks for the support gentlemen. I am going to call up Guy's friend today or tomorrow to see about the bodywork and paint. I wasn't planning on doing the paint and stuff yet so it actually might come together quicker than I thought. I need to adjust the clutch and carb a bit. I'm gonna try to get to that this weekend or next.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

Usually his quotes are under 4k inclusive, of course for Sensei they are cheaper but he does great work and it stands out, you can easily tell which parts of my car her painted.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #14

Cool sounds good. I was planning on doing the welding/body work myself but if there is a guy that can do it better than me for not too much money then I will go that route. I'll call him tomorrow to see. I wont be ready til the end of summer though. I am busy as heck at work til the end of August.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #15

Nice old truck. And ford used the same parts for years so many suspension/steering items are available.

And best NO SMOG NEEDED.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #16
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
He'll take care of all that and charges a third of what a shop would charge, very good work let me know if you want me to ask him about a price
Guy,

My brother would like a price to do some body work on an 87 Turbo Buick and repaint it white (same color is currently is). Nothing too major as far as body work is concerned.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #17

As long as we're doing quotes I'd like a quote for a fiberglass nose. Needs nicks and holes filled in/evened out and to be painted black.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #18
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
So I sold my Suburban. After many years of good honest work she gets togo to a new home. I was originally going to buy a little ranger or tacoma with a 4 banger and a 5 speed. I was looking and looking but couldn't find a good deal on one. So I went dreaming on craigslist for a good find. It just so happened that I came across one....

It's a 1959 Ford F100 with a freshly rebuilt straight 6 and a 4 speed. The body is a little rough but it runs great. It has a new clutch master cylinder, new brake master cylinder, new battery, new starter, and new brakes.

Future plans are to fix rust, new glass, new tailgate, and paint.

Here is a short walk around video.
YouTube - ‪My new 1959 ford f100‬‏
That is my all time FAVORITE truck. I'm jealous
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #19

Thanks for the kind words gents. Well it's going to be a little while before I get to the truck. There is some family stuff that is preventing me from spending money on the truck. I want to get to it soon with some stuff I can do myself. the clutch needs to be adjusted, as does the carb, and the accessory belt is not the right size, and the thermostat is not working properly... just some little things I can take care of cheap and in my spare time. When its done, I'll take it to a cruise that's close to me so I can show it off and at least meet up with you guys for food at the end.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #20
pain's fun, hit me again

Somehow these slipped by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
As long as we're doing quotes I'd like a quote for a fiberglass nose. Needs nicks and holes filled in/evened out and to be painted black.
Wouldnt be very expensive, i cant give exact quotes since i dont do the work. PM me for his info
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Guy,

My brother would like a price to do some body work on an 87 Turbo Buick and repaint it white (same color is currently is). Nothing too major as far as body work is concerned.
Give me a call or text and i'll pass his info along to you.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!