Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #11
Black as death, hotter than hell, and sweeter than love.

I just find something wrong when my fiance yells at the TV (which she never does btw) "THIS IS STUPID, they already did this on the UK Version" (regarding last weeks episode)
Old 12-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestSpade View Post
I just find something wrong when my fiance yells at the TV (which she never does btw) "THIS IS STUPID, they already did this on the UK Version" (regarding last weeks episode)
I wonder what their original demographic estimates were. Taking from the original so closely is dumb if they expected a significant carry over from the BBC version, but maybe thought it'd only be %10 or something like that,figuring most die hards wouldn't even bother with the American version. I have no idea. Pure speculation.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
Black as death, hotter than hell, and sweeter than love.

I was rather proud of her with the statement. But I keep telling her "it will get better" hahaha.

She misses the opening I think more than anything when ever we are about to watch Top Gear she tries her best Jeremy Clarkson impression with "Toniggggght"
Old 12-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #14

I would think that the History Channel is going for a new audience. Trying win over the UK versions fans would be a futile exercise for them.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 12-24-2010, 03:46 AM   #15

My only major complaint right now is those stupid 'American Pickers' and 'Pawn Stars' ads in the bottom corner every 2 minutes...
Old 01-02-2011, 08:22 PM   #16

They cut the" In the News " segment I was in ! Musta been the glare from my head . That is my bald head in the lower center....I never knew I had that many dents in the back of my head !!!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:24 AM   #17

Anyone not ready to accept that it took TGUK a few seasons to get into the swing of things needs to watch the "Honda" NSX episode...oh my god that host they had before had the personality of a kumquat. I like Rutledge Wood and Tanner Foust, but I find Adam Ferrara digging too deep for a laugh. Tanner's driving skill and knowledge are assets as are Wood's wit and opposing background. Adam just doesn't bring anything to the table, sometimes I have this nagging suspicion he can't even drive stick, I know that's harsh, I'm just saying.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Default Renewed

Looks like they did well enough to renew. Why it's on the History Channel is instead of Speed or even, gasp, Spike, is still a mystery, but no matter.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...nd-season.html

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-12-2011, 01:03 AM   #19

Good.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 03-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Why it's on the History Channel is instead of Speed or even, gasp, Spike, is still a mystery, but no matter.
If you haven't noticed, it's now The Anything but History channel now.