Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Internet Tough Guy

Yeah I got it for $6k with a 3kw honda generator and a winch. THe trailer has a finished interior and the deck it all diamond plate. The hitch has the anti sway and leveling connections too. I am going to order a AC unit and 20 gallon air compressor. If I could figure out how to shower in it then I wouldn't have to get a hotel room every time I go race.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 06-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Yeah I got it for $6k with a 3kw honda generator and a winch. THe trailer has a finished interior and the deck it all diamond plate. The hitch has the anti sway and leveling connections too. I am going to order a AC unit and 20 gallon air compressor. If I could figure out how to shower in it then I wouldn't have to get a hotel room every time I go race.
Just install a shower pan in the corner with a drain out the bottom and hang a gravity fed water bag that heats in the sun during the day. Sorta quasi-camping style.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #13
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That is a GREAT deal. Not long ago a trailer like that would have been an easy $10k (also a deal), and I'm sure he has a LOT more into it than that.
My dad bought a new one like that without all the cabinets and add-ons for a little over $10,000 two years ago. You got a great deal Carlos, congrats. Do you know how the car fits yet? I know that with my dads a Mustang just fits with all the tools and junk stored in the front. He sold the 20ft one and bought a 26ft one that's taller so he can fit his FJ40 in it when it's done. He had a work bench installed in the front with a tool box and then put a loft up in the front as well. With the Chevelle loaded there is still plenty of open space in the front. However, he has a Chevy 3500 dually deisel to pull it with.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

damn thats the exact kinda trailer i need
Old 06-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #15

Very nice, nicer than my garage.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 06-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #16
Internet Tough Guy

The corvette is about 15 ft long and there are about 3 inches on each side between the car and the wheel wells for the trailer. It's not brand new which is one of the reasons that I got such a deal on it. No cabinets, but it does have a workbench. I will be storing the vette, tools, and kart in it.

I really just didn't want a trailer that didn't have a finished floor and wiring was a must. Now I can go to the track with my power tool and air compressor. I was surprised on how well it towed (anti-sway bars and ez lift bars). Well at least when it's empty. I do need to get one of those brake bias adjusters installed before I start the drive.

Part of the problem is that I am buying a condo dowtown San Diego and very few of them have two parking spots. I also need a place where I can go to work on shit. I am now looking for an AC unit for for it.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter