Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #11
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Nobody knows for sure yet.
That is going to really determind if the 5.0 can make REAL power. Small bores (under 4 inch) keep the valve size too small.

On small bore engines forced induction is really the only way to make the big power. The LS3 is a large bore motor. That's why I'm leaning Camaro at this point--engine wise. It's still too heavy. But the more I look at it the more I like the looks.

I'm a FORD guy, but certain facts are facts.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I know a fleet dealer at Villa Ford and I might be able to get around that for you
That would be impressive. Don't know why a dealer would sell a product 10s of thousands below what the market would fetch.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #13
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That would be impressive. Don't know why a dealer would sell a product 10s of thousands below what the market would fetch.
The sticker for Shelbys is around $50,000--- with mark up they go for $80,000.

I figure a GOOD Boss 302 is going to be around $45,000. I can do that in a year or two. But mark that up and.......................no way.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-06-2009, 05:31 PM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

I would get the Camaro. Ford hasn't made an NA motor with nuts since 1995. Plus I have personally witnessed a SS tear up Buttonwillow (tight and technical) and go turn for turn with an Elise.

The Mustangs may have more refined interiors, but they are SLOW. I never met anyone with a modular motor GT who ultimately wasn't just disappointed. GT500 are fast for drag racing ONLY. They get them on a race course and the Civic Si guys eat them alive until they finally pit in due to overheating.

Here are some other suggestions:
Solstice: great overall setup and cheap to "reasonably" increase power with the turbo. Suspension architecture is great, but needs stiffer shocks and springs to take advantage.
BMW 135i: power to wieght ratio is good. Great torque! Strong after market support. Downs: not american, NARROW track means you better know what you are doing.
Genisis turbo coupe: Cheap, but it's also cheap.
Evo: It drives itself. Pretty much the only "import" car thats actually as fast as the ricers think it is.
370z: Has nuts and handle great, but they run out of breath. Very limited performance envelope from the VQ without dropping big dollars . JDM Mustang
Old 10-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #15

My new car list....

1)2010 Camaro(Beth said 6 Corvettes are enough)
2)Roush 427R
3)Boss 302

If I went import it would be the Audi S8(we need a 4 door)
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #16
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I would get the Camaro. Ford hasn't made an NA motor with nuts since 1995. Plus I have personally witnessed a SS tear up Buttonwillow (tight and technical) and go turn for turn with an Elise.

The Mustangs may have more refined interiors, but they are SLOW. I never met anyone with a modular motor GT who ultimately wasn't just disappointed. GT500 are fast for drag racing ONLY. They get them on a race course and the Civic Si guys eat them alive until they finally pit in due to overheating.

Solstice: great overall setup and cheap to "reasonably" increase power with the turbo. Suspension architecture is great, but needs stiffer shocks and springs to take advantage.
BMW 135i: power to wieght ratio is good. Great torque! Strong after market support. Downs: not american, NARROW track means you better know what you are doing.
Evo: It drives itself. Pretty much the only "import" car thats actually as fast as the ricers think it is.
370z: Has nuts and handle great, but they run out of breath. Very limited performance envelope from the VQ without dropping big dollars . JDM Mustang
Hey, thanks for the info.

On the Camaro you saw at the track. Was it all stock or did it have mods?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #17
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani View Post
My new car list....

1)2010 Camaro(Beth said 6 Corvettes are enough)
2)Roush 427R
3)Boss 302

If I went import it would be the Audi S8(we need a 4 door)
I've beginning to see a trend in a lot of the New Car lists for most people-- they include the 2010 Camaro.

I need to drive an SS.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #18
Neanderthal

For the Hell of it, I priced a new Vette 3lt. It came to 52,000 with the 4,000 price allowance. Food for thought.

That's a 6 speed with 430 hp LS3 and Z51 package.

The 1lt is 48,000
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post

I love my Cobra for what it is. The only disappointing part for me is my driving
Old 10-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #20

If I bought a new car, it would be CTS-V with the six-speed manual. I test drove one and loved it. I just could not afford it. I have thing for high performance sedans. I would also be tempted to install a standard CTS bumper cover for stealth.
My favorite thing about my SHO especially when I first got it was the stealth. No one expected the performance I had in the early 90's from a Taurus. I had more than one defeated driver follow me off the freeway and say "what the **** you got in that thing". I would say a stock 183ci V6.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z