Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #11
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ron, is your Nephew interested in the whole car, just the engine or just the IRS, etc.
You know the 8.8 will handle your Blown 302.
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #12
Fast & Filthy

He would be looking at the whole car but I'm not sure about it not running. I'll talk to him tonight and let you know. I'm sure we could find another engine for it and I could change it out over a weekend.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
He would be looking at the whole car but I'm not sure about it not running. I'll talk to him tonight and let you know. I'm sure we could find another engine for it and I could change it out over a weekend.
You get first crack, but if Nate doesn't want it and you and Eric are interested I would consider splitting the cost and swapping the IRS for the solid in Eric's or something like that. Just thinking out loud.

I'm kind of interested in using the stock IRS in the RX-7, but the center section is at it's limits for the power we're putting through it. A TII center section, plus locking down the rear with Delrin/uvhm/solid bushings and mounts is plenty strong for what we're doing, but at that point I'd be up around $1k easy. So the solid 8.8 from a cobra, plus the kit from Granny Speed would be about the same price and utterly bullet proof.

No big deal, just feeling out options.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Or take the center section from the 8.8 IRS and mod into the existing RX-7 IRS. I think similar things have been done for V8 Miatas. That would give a lot of strength, gearing options, and maintain the otherwise coolness having an IRS. Plus it's further hybridization of the Mazda/Ford mix.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
Neanderthal

Quote:
Or take the center section from the 8.8 IRS and mod into the existing RX-7 IRS. I think similar things have been done for V8 Miatas. That would give a lot of strength, gearing options, and maintain the otherwise coolness having an IRS. Plus it's further hybridization of the Mazda/Ford mix.
The IRS is Disc brake. You get $60 off the asking price---remember I owe you.

The T-bird body is straight. But, it is a Salvage vehicle and you can see where they fixed the front corner. The interior is fair. No stereo. OD auto trans. Custom speakers and wired for sub wolfer.
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to eric97srad Send a message via MSN to eric97srad Send a message via Yahoo to eric97srad Send a message via Skype™ to eric97srad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I just talked to Nate - and he's thinking about it... I've always wanted to turn one of those into a nice little sleeper and told him it shouldn't cost him too much to get it going soo I think he might be convinced... the only problem I forsee is storage and eventual transport to NY. I don't want Ron's driveway to turn into a Ford graveyard

89 Mustang LX 5.0 (FOX)

97 Explorer 5.0 (GROCERY-GETTER)

97 GSX-R 750 (GIXXER)

Old 07-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
The IRS is Disc brake. You get $60 off the asking price---remember I owe you.

The T-bird body is straight. But, it is a Salvage vehicle and you can see where they fixed the front corner. The interior is fair. No stereo. OD auto trans. Custom speakers and wired for sub wolfer.
If Nate falls through, could we chop shop it at your shop? I'm pretty much out of space.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

For my price reference, does anybody know how much an 8.8 center section from a T-Bird would cost from a salvage yard?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 07-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #19
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric97srad View Post
I just talked to Nate - and he's thinking about it... I've always wanted to turn one of those into a nice little sleeper and told him it shouldn't cost him too much to get it going soo I think he might be convinced... the only problem I forsee is storage and eventual transport to NY. I don't want Ron's driveway to turn into a Ford graveyard
The T-bird is White with Blue interior. It drives straight and handles damn good. It has 4 wheel disc brakes and A/C (don't work). The third light reads "FUCKU" when lit up.

Oh, left rear caliber is stuck or something simular.

Some extra rear brake parts.
2016 Nissan Altma

Old 07-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
Neanderthal

Quote:
For my price reference, does anybody know how much an 8.8 center section from a T-Bird would cost from a salvage yard?
I bought a left rear axle & housing with rotor for $75.00 at Pick ur part when the rear axle bearing went bad.
2016 Nissan Altma