Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
my car is 2900 lbs... 100 lbs to go and then another 150whp/tq
just to make you happy i'll pull out the rear seats... oh and if you'll pay for it i'll swap it into a RWD monster. That'd be sick.
My list of things to pay for is rather large, but I'll keep it in mind.

But honestly, I think Ford could kill with something like their version of a Vette. Bring back the Cobra in its original intent. Something like a slightly bigger MX-5 with more masculine styling and a Coyote motor. That should be in the very low 3,000 lb range.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
My list of things to pay for is rather large, but I'll keep it in mind.

But honestly, I think Ford could kill with something like their version of a Vette. Bring back the Cobra in its original intent. Something like a slightly bigger MX-5 with more masculine styling and a Coyote motor. That should be in the very low 3,000 lb range.

Like I said, why don't you build your own. Shouldn't take you longer that 6 months. Something like that , I would help you build it.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Like I said, why don't you build your own. Shouldn't take you longer that 6 months. Something like that , I would help you build it.

I'm talking about new production cars. I can always roll my own if I don't like what's being offered in the future.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I'm talking about new production cars. I can always roll my own if I don't like what's being offered in the future.
I'd also like to see Ford go straight for GM's jugular, no mercy, no compassion. Raise their villages to the ground, sew salt in their fields . . .corporately speaking of course.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #15
Neanderthal

Quote:
I'd also like to see Ford go straight for GM's jugular, no mercy, no compassion. Raise their villages to the ground, sew salt in their fields . . .corporately speaking of course.
I agree with you completely. But, for some reason, FORD is not trying to cut GM off at the Knees. They have said that they would not--maybe not in those words---in some of their quotes that I have read.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I agree with you completely. But, for some reason, FORD is not trying to cut GM off at the Knees. They have said that they would not--maybe not in those words---in some of their quotes that I have read.
Hopefully it's not some misguided sense of patriotism/nationalism. Now more than ever the United States desperately needs fundamentally strong companies, not leeches on the public coffers. As soon as a company takes loans from the government, that's one thing, as soon as they are forgiven it is no longer a business but a charity case by any accounting. We've gotten entirely too touchy feely about this, to our own eventual demise if we don't figure it out fast. As sad as it may be, thinning the herd will strengthen the remaining entities and make them far more able to compete in the fierce marketplace of tomorrow.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #17
Neanderthal

Quote:
Hopefully it's not some misguided sense of patriotism/nationalism. Now more than ever the United States desperately needs fundamentally strong companies, not leeches on the public coffers. As soon as a company takes loans from the government, that's one thing, as soon as they are forgiven it is no longer a business but a charity case by any accounting. We've gotten entirely too touchy feely about this, to our own eventual demise if we don't figure it out fast. As sad as it may be, thinning the herd will strengthen the remaining entities and make them far more able to compete in the fierce marketplace of tomorrow.
In the Fifties and Sixties GM and FORD went at it tooth and nail. So now, no kicking when the other is down. Damn! Where have the real men gone?
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #18
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
It'll never happen. I don't think with the current crash standards it would be possible to get a mass produced car down to the 2800lb range. Hell, Ferrari doesn't even have any cars that weigh less than 3300lbs at this point...
Bullshit! It can be done with modern crash standards! Cars in the U.S. are going to get much smaller in order to meet the new CO2 emissions standards. You put a LS2 in a Solstice and youare practically there. Add a few of the light wieght tricks used on the Z06 and it is very achievable. you don't need a carbon fiber monoque chassis for these wieght numbers.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Bullshit! It can be done with modern crash standards! Cars in the U.S. are going to get much smaller in order to meet the new CO2 emissions standards. You put a LS2 in a Solstice and youare practically there. Add a few of the light wieght tricks used on the Z06 and it is very achievable. you don't need a carbon fiber monoque chassis for these wieght numbers.
True, I believe the Mallet Solstice only weighs 3030lbs or something like that. I guess I was just thinking that if they can't keep a Z06 below 3200lbs they could never get a normal car below 2800lbs.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
True, I believe the Mallet Solstice only weighs 3030lbs or something like that. I guess I was just thinking that if they can't keep a Z06 below 3200lbs they could never get a normal car below 2800lbs.
I should have been a little more clear on size/weight. Something smaller than the current Vette would be just fine, I don't know about as small an MX-5, Solstice,etc., because such a short wheel base has it's own issues at high speeds.

What I really mean is simply somewhat smaller, light as reasonably possible for a production car, high power:weight, two door two seat coup in the $50k range. I don't think it'd compete with the Mustang in the Pony Car ragne, though it may present problems for the Shelby and KR range, that's for the brand people to figure out. Ford does a great job with these, but they don't currently offer a "sports car". I guess that's all I'm really asking for, or would be quite curious for. I can't imagine they aren't thinking about it at all.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)