Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Corvette's are gay. It's all about VTEC.
And the more powerful they are, the gayer the driver . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #12
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Corvette's are gay. It's all about VTEC.
Did you fall and hit your head???
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #13

That concept is bad ass! I would sell both of my balls for it. LS7 C3!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

Seriously it's a beutiful car, but it's a step in the wrong direction. Level the old styling for the Challengers, Mustangs, and Carmaros. Corvettes need to focus on attracting a younger crowd and providing the best possible performance value. With the new 5.5L powerplant I predict that the C7 will be much smaller than the C6. GM just killed the Solstice and I'm sure that that chassis will be the C7 chassis. GM is promising thaqt the C7 will not take a backwards step in performance. That means that it will get a serious size reduction. Look for a curvier 8/10ths scale C6 like car with direct injection a DSG. I will be holding out for a few years praying for a Zo6 of Zr1 option.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Seriously it's a beutiful car, but it's a step in the wrong direction. Level the old styling for the Challengers, Mustangs, and Carmaros. Corvettes need to focus on attracting a younger crowd and providing the best possible performance value. With the new 5.5L powerplant I predict that the C7 will be much smaller than the C6. GM just killed the Solstice and I'm sure that that chassis will be the C7 chassis. GM is promising thaqt the C7 will not take a backwards step in performance. That means that it will get a serious size reduction. Look for a curvier 8/10ths scale C6 like car with direct injection a DSG. I will be holding out for a few years praying for a Zo6 of Zr1 option.
It's a good point. I'm not as positive as you about the reuse of the Kappa platform for a C7 (got a source?), but a small < 3,000 lb Vette with 400+BHP out of 5.5L would be shit hot. A ZO6/ZR1 option would be magnificent and maybe shut up the Europeans once and for all. Oh, and there's no excuse for not having a first rate interior any more. Just good enough isn't good enough. If I drop $50k+ on a car, spend a little extra to make it a nice environment. I know this is an old rant, but it's also one of the things they MUST do if they want to appeal to younger guys.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's a good point. I'm not as positive as you about the reuse of the Kappa platform for a C7 (got a source?), but a small < 3,000 lb Vette with 400+BHP out of 5.5L would be shit hot. A ZO6/ZR1 option would be magnificent and maybe shut up the Europeans once and for all. Oh, and there's no excuse for not having a first rate interior any more. Just good enough isn't good enough. If I drop $50k+ on a car, spend a little extra to make it a nice environment. I know this is an old rant, but it's also one of the things they MUST do if they want to appeal to younger guys.
C2 sbcs started out under 3,000 lbs.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #17

Saw this at Fuddruckers tonight. It's a 06 Vette with the 64 body kit. The front end was a little short to make it look right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00020.JPG (142.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #18
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
Saw this at Fuddruckers tonight. It's a 06 Vette with the 64 body kit. The front end was a little short to make it look right.
Not real bad from that angle.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 03-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
That's pretty cool. Did it look like a good kit or was it sloppy like a lot of kits are?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That's pretty cool. Did it look like a good kit or was it sloppy like a lot of kits are?
It was the Demo car from the company and it was flawless. It had a huge crowd the whole time . Wish I had better pics of it.