Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
Boost Junkie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Agree. That first one isn't going to cut it. It's like the difference between the Volt concept (pretty cool actually) and the production (when/if) version where it lost a lot of its character.
I like the orange picture, then again I'm a "ricer" right Leedom?? Lmao. I would probably buy either one given an acceptable powerplant with a reasonable price... I'm still gonna miss the good ol' '86 corolla though

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
I like the orange picture, then again I'm a "ricer" right Leedom?? Lmao. I would probably buy either one given an acceptable powerplant with a reasonable price... I'm still gonna miss the good ol' '86 corolla though
Prices are to be in the low 20s to start (think Genesis competitor). Powerplant is to be Subaru Boxer Turbo 4 (Direct Injection to boot!). If they can really keep it under 3,000bs with that powerplant base, it could be a solid platform for a wicked ride. I was hoping, though it ain't too likely that they'd maybe have a high trim version down the road with turbo 6, like a modern Supra.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-19-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Prices are to be in the low 20s to start (think Genesis competitor). Powerplant is to be Subaru Boxer Turbo 4 (Direct Injection to boot!). If they can really keep it under 3,000bs with that powerplant base, it could be a solid platform for a wicked ride. I was hoping, though it ain't too likely that they'd maybe have a high trim version down the road with turbo 6, like a modern Supra.
I would love for toyota to reinvent the Supra... too bad the straight 6 is pretty much gone...

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

If they sold this thing RWD with the turbo 2.5 and it was ~2800lbm, I would buy one in an instant.

It would get strippd down and caged up. I'd sell my LS2 and build a LSX monster nirtous motor for the vette.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
If they sold this thing RWD with the turbo 2.5 and it was ~2800lbm, I would buy one in an instant.

It would get strippd down and caged up. I'd sell my LS2 and build a LSX monster nirtous motor for the vette.
Well, that looks like where they're headed. So this would become the track car and the Vette a drag car?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #16

Default Rumormill: Toyota/Subaru coupe drops 40 hp, loses weight, marketed to your dad?

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Japan, Tokyo Motor Show, Rumormill

This is not a fine kettle of fish. For some time now, fans of Toyota's AE86 Corolla and Subaru rally cars have been licking their chops in anticipation of the Toyota/Subaru-developed coupe. Affectionately known as the Toyobaru or 086A, the coupe is poised to resurrect the FR arrangement in Japan and give Toyota a much-needed excitement injection. Or maybe not. The JDM lovin' folks at 7Tune are reporting that the 086A is being neutered by about 40 hp in order for the new vehicle to be branded as an "eco car" in its home market.

But don't fret too much, as the plan is to simultaneously lower the coupe's weight, boosting the power-to-weight ratio. The other (maybe) good news for American consumers is that the power reduction seems to be effecting only the 2.0-liter boxer engine, a motor that Subaru no longer sells in the US. Meaning that we can expect our 086As to come with at least Subie's naturally aspirated and ubiquitous 2.5-liter boxer, if not a whole lot of turbo plumbing -- if makes it to the States.

Toyota is also banking on the fact that previous AE86 owners will view the new car as a nostalgia purchase. As such, they've changed the cars demographic from the coveted, if not fanciful, 18-35 year-old range to the more-likely-to-actually-buy-stuff 30-50 year-old male range. Most of these rumors will be dismissed for good when the Toyota/Subaru coupe makes its debut at the Tokyo Motor Show this October.

[Source: 7Tune]Rumormill: Toyota/Subaru coupe drops 40 hp, loses weight, marketed to your dad? originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:27:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
Old 07-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Now that's looking pretty good. Bring that in around 2,800lbs with a Turbo 2.5L and daddy might just need a new pair of shoes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
Neanderthal

Quote:

Now that's looking pretty good. Bring that in around 2,800lbs with a Turbo 2.5L and daddy might just need a new pair of shoes.
I believe that will be a "Chick" car. Sorry.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 07-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
I believe that will be a "Chick" car. Sorry.
Uh no sweet pee. The V6 Convertible MUSTANG is the chick of all time.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #20
Neanderthal

Quote:
Uh no sweet pee. The V6 Convertible MUSTANG is the chick of all time.
I always thought the Miata was the ALLTIME Chick car?
2016 Nissan Altma