Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-11-2008, 07:46 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassAppeal View Post
Not sure on the whole technical aspects...
but it seems to be working just fine!
That's my point, there must be a technical reason as I'm pretty sure Mitsubishi isn't using magic in their engines. If so, they need to charge a lot more.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Is the EvoX Direct Injection?

How the F do you get 22-24psi on a 9:1 motor with 91 or even 93 octane, even if you're intercooling like crazy? The timing must be down to nothing . . .
lol actually if you wanna know something interesting mitsubishi actually put more timing into to the evo10 then the older evo's

here is the evo 9 timing map

*the dots on this map are around what the evo 9 hits with around 20-22psi so plot those dots on the evo10 timing map and look up how much timing advance mitsu put on the evo10 out of the box its insane!* also remember that the evo10 comes with 22psi so the dots should plot to what the evo10 actually does boost wise.

and here is an evo 10 timiing map

also the numbers are a direct relation to timing advance so when it says 9 at 7000prm that means 9 degrees of timing atvance at 7000rpm.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #13
Neanderthal

2016 Nissan Altma
Old 12-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
lol u would think that wouldnt u but suprisingly they havent.....yet lol

i remember the timing on the old evo's was picky if you advanced it more then a few points on 91oct. or else it would knock like bill collector at your door.

but at some point in the evo 10 timing map some degrees are advanced by 50-100% over its evo 9 counterpart this is crazy???

the only differenct in the engine is the aluminum block, a higher comp ration, more boost, .......this is seeming to be a bit of a quagmire on paper but its working in reality.....

did u guys all catch that.....that was me actually being impressed with the evo 10 lol.....damn the world is coming to an end :-(

Old 12-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
lol u would think that wouldnt u but suprisingly they havent.....yet lol

i remember the timing on the old evo's was picky if you advanced it more then a few points on 91oct. or else it would knock like bill collector at your door.

but at some point in the evo 10 timing map some degrees are advanced by 50-100% over its evo 9 counterpart this is crazy???

the only differenct in the engine is the aluminum block, a higher comp ration, more boost, .......this is seeming to be a bit of a quagmire on paper but its working in reality.....

did u guys all catch that.....that was me actually being impressed with the evo 10 lol.....damn the world is coming to an end :-(
Well the bulk modulus of aluminum is radically different than iron, so combustion temperatures could be lower I suppose. The intercooler could be more effecient. It could be direct injection (is it) and maybe they're using some other nifty Porsche like boost tricks with the shape of the intake. I'm just guessing. But superficially, it's stunning to get over 20psi boost on an 9.5:1 engine on 91 octane, just stunning.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Well the bulk modulus of aluminum is radically different than iron, so combustion temperatures could be lower I suppose. The intercooler could be more effecient. It could be direct injection (is it) and maybe they're using some other nifty Porsche like boost tricks with the shape of the intake. I'm just guessing. But superficially, it's stunning to get over 20psi boost on an 9.5:1 engine on 91 octane, just stunning.
ya it is.....also i know the stock evo10 injector looks funky but the aftermarket ones look more normal closer to how the evo 9 ones look so i dont think its anything to fancy like DI being as how the injectors are still in the intake mani.

and ya your correct about the aluminum block having better cooling properties and what not.....but to give you a comparison of how extreme the evo 10 timing looks to me.....

that stock evo 10 timing is just about even almost everywhere for the timing i run on e85 and i run A LOT of timing on my tune to where other e85 people are saying its alot! and no evo 4 - evo 9 person would ever dare put a drop of anything under 100oct with that kind of timing.....im still very baffled by this.

im gonna have to look into this im kind of excited lol