Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
. . .
he also had an exhaust i think just a catback, and dual blow of valves and intakes omg i still have dreams about what it sounded like to this day!!!

I imagine it sounded like a coffee grinder (Nissan V6s) combined with hair dryers . . . Is that about it?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-18-2008, 09:32 PM   #12
FWD = FAIL

hey ive been to that meeting spot before. Its cool till the cops show up.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I imagine it sounded like a coffee grinder (Nissan V6s) combined with hair dryers . . . Is that about it?
lol on man u need to watch jeremay clarkson of top gears movie "america the good the bad the ugly" i believe thats the title the area where they talk about a 69 ford mustang fastback and its rumble and then he compares it with another cars sound clip....with it just made me chuckle u mite like this movie too or hate it lol

anywho ya i have to admit the nissan N/A v6 sound like ass and rice........

but if u know the import world and all there exhaust notes u know a stock factory built turbo engine sounds a hell of alot better then any jap N/A engine and its quite annoying how people clump "us-evo, sti, eclipse, skyline, supra etc..." in with those high compression buzz factorys!!!

if u wanna take in nissans turbo car sounds they actually sounds quite nice.... IE.....the sr20det motor which is there 2.0l turbo whcih never came out in the us sounds pretty nice not the nicest but it will do for an old motor, and there 6 cyl twin turbo inline motors do not sound like there bitch ass v6's.
i guess to try and sum it up a real factory turbo jap engine is gonna have some bass behind it and not sound like bee's coming outta john goodmans ass.

but ya the gt-r's exhaust tone didnt sound to bad for only being a catback.

take a hear of my exhaust on the 30th, and when ever u see a well done sti/supra etc give it a good listen and compare it to a honda or v6 nissan.

but just so i dont seem to bias, i really dislike the tone of the sti and srt-4 neon exhaust tones.

srt-4 = sound like cock, with there dumb gurgling and popping i swear they where made for ricers

sti's = stupid popping and gurgling too agressive yes but still!!!

to me that showes a badly tuned/built car on the factorys end and on the aftermarked's end......coming from learning so much about tuning and doing it myself it just reeks of unefficiency in how the car is running. granted every sti owner uses the excuse that its due to the valve train in there boxer engine and there uneven headers coughbullshitcough!!! whens the last time u heard a porsche gt2, gt3, 911 that sounded like shit....i rest my case lol and yes ive heard shitty evo's too so dont try and threw that one at me lol

wow that was kind of a tangent lol
Old 08-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
hey ive been to that meeting spot before. Its cool till the cops show up.
ya its a nice spot and down the street from my house and really there is this cocky ass cobra that i would love for someone to take out!!!! he talks so much shit and will only race for money and he trys to intimidate people with that saying he will threw 2g's on the line.

heres the info on that cobra for anyone whos interested.

i knwo nothing about mustangs this was what a friend told me

fully built kenny bell motor
built C4 auto trans with a trans e-brake
runs 110 octane
boost 28psi
100 shot nitros
runs huge bfgoodrich or nitto drag radials almost looks like they might as well be slicks
runs low 10's high 9's
Old 08-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #15
FWD = FAIL

the red one right...yeah i know him. kinda he is on another forum im on. Not to bad of a guy once you kinda get to know him.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:30 AM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . .

granted every sti owner uses the excuse that its due to the valve train in there boxer engine and there uneven headers coughbullshitcough!!! whens the last time u heard a porsche gt2, gt3, 911 that sounded like shit....i rest my case lol and yes ive heard shitty evo's too so dont try and threw that one at me lol

wow that was kind of a tangent lol
You need more redline. In their defense, the STi is a Flat 4, the Porsche motors are 6-cyl. That do make a difference. For the record, I've never been such a fan of the Viper soundtrack, sounds like a lopsided buzzsaw.

I like:
Can't think of a 4 cyliner that I really like.
N/A I6 like in a TVR (bad mutha)
Turbo I6 like a Supra
Flat 6 like a Porsche
V8 bitches, damn near any
Can't think of a V10 that I really
V12 a la Ferrari, pretty awesome

PS I love JC. He's on a crack sometimes, but he's so funny and entertaining that it just doesn't matter.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-19-2008, 09:41 AM   #17

Quote:
You need more redline. In their defense, the STi is a Flat 4, the Porsche motors are 6-cyl. That do make a difference. For the record, I've never been such a fan of the Viper soundtrack, sounds like a lopsided buzzsaw.

I like:
Turbo I6 like a Supra
Flat 6 like a Porsche

PS I love JC. He's on a crack sometimes, but he's so funny and entertaining that it just doesn't matter.

lol damnit there has to be a 4 cyl out there u like. i dotn care how doped up i have to get u i will hear the words i like how ur car sounds comeing outta ur mouth that day lol.

also i had the privilege to losing....no wait losing isnt strong enough....i got ass handed too me quite proper when one fatefull night i come up on these euro looking tail lights and im thinking its a bently so i just keep my speed not expecting much.....and by the time i got up next to him i realize its a fuckin bugatti veyron well lets just say i got to hear a W16 quad turbo rip threw time and space lol nice sounding engine.

also jermey clarkson is fuckin funny to the point where if i dont agree with him i dont really care lol.

but jeremy clarksons - the good the bad the ugly is on youtube its about an hour long and cut up into parts.

too start u off here is the first part
Old 08-19-2008, 10:24 AM   #18
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:

I like:
Turbo I6 like a Supra
Flat 6 like a Porsche

A Gallardo or Porsche Carrera GT sound nice for a V10.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
lol damnit there has to be a 4 cyl out there u like. i dotn care how doped up i have to get u i will hear the words i like how ur car sounds comeing outta ur mouth that day lol.

also i had the privilege to losing....no wait losing isnt strong enough....i got ass handed too me quite proper when one fatefull night i come up on these euro looking tail lights and im thinking its a bently so i just keep my speed not expecting much.....and by the time i got up next to him i realize its a fuckin bugatti veyron well lets just say i got to hear a W16 quad turbo rip threw time and space lol nice sounding engine.

also jermey clarkson is fuckin funny to the point where if i dont agree with him i dont really care lol.

but jeremy clarksons - the good the bad the ugly is on youtube its about an hour long and cut up into parts.

too start u off here is the first part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYLjUQHQ8g
Well, we'll just have to wait and see what your 2L of Corn Juice burning Japanese Fury sounds like.

I've been a fan of TG and JC for years. I thin I've seen every DVD Carkson has made. It's mostly entertainment, but he often has some pretty great insights on the nature of the car industry and history itself.

PS Recount your little tussle with the Veyron here.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
A Gallardo or Porsche Carrera GT sound nice for a V10.

The SRT4 sounds pretty cool for a 4 banger. And as much as I hate to admit this, I know this guy with a supercharged Focus with a big header and a Borla center exit exhaust that sounds really cool. I also like the way the Evo's sound and I really like the way the STIs sound. Something about those horizontally opposed motors in the Subaru cars, you can always tell when they're coming.

I'm curious to see what the Redline and the GXP will sound like.