Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
Internet Tough Guy

Sig Ftw!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I refer you all to my sig. Btw, I never intended for my car to make this much hp. I built what I thought was a 450-500hp stroker, which would have been more usable. When it dynoed less than 400hp and I was informed that I had looow compression for my cam, I decided to compensate with a blower. Turns out I overcompensated. This motor was a love child.

Even before I bolted the blower on I was told I'd only be in 8lbs territory, never counted on a ridiculous 13.
That's possibly the strangest sequence of reasoning for how one got to "too much" power I've ever read.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That's possibly the strangest sequence of reasoning for how one got to "too much" power I've ever read.
I don't reason I just do. If you think too much you'll never get out of 7-11, just choose an option and go for it.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I don't reason I just do. If you think too much you'll never get out of 7-11, just choose an option and go for it.
Generally I agree with you . . sorta.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Neanderthal

2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #16
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
He's not in competition. At what point do you need something other than stock seat belts for a street legal day? Do you need them if faster than 11.5 for example? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.
Fontana uses the NHRA rules for the Street Legal drags so as long as he runs slower than 11.50 he only needs a factory seat belt. He can replace it with a 3 inch lap belt as well but if he runs faster than 11.50 he has to have a 5 point harness. The rules do require the crotch strap.

Quote:
My reason for asking is that my pass seat belt is going out, want to know if it makes sense for me to replace with 4... 5 points I guess. CobraSS, how is there a less than range? You mean... 10.99 and faster requires a 5 point?
It doesn't matter what you use for the passenger side because any car that runs faster than I believe 16.00 can't have a passenger anyways. Also, as Ben stated aftermarket harnesses have to be replaced every two years.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Fontana uses the NHRA rules for the Street Legal drags so as long as he runs slower than 11.50 he only needs a factory seat belt. He can replace it with a 3 inch lap belt as well but if he runs faster than 11.50 he has to have a 5 point harness. The rules do require the crotch strap.

It doesn't matter what you use for the passenger side because any car that runs faster than I believe 16.00 can't have a passenger anyways. Also, as Ben stated aftermarket harnesses have to be replaced every two years.
That sucks, I told the gf should could ride shotgun.

If it's 5 point minimum, I won't do it. I think 5 points look stupid, 4 point look kind of cool, but the crotch strap kills it for me. I think I'll stick with stock style belts then, and if I get kicked out for running better than 11.5... oh well, cool story to tell.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:10 AM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
That sucks, I told the gf should could ride shotgun.

If it's 5 point minimum, I won't do it. I think 5 points look stupid, 4 point look kind of cool, but the crotch strap kills it for me. I think I'll stick with stock style belts then, and if I get kicked out for running better than 11.5... oh well, cool story to tell.
You can have the GF go down the strip with you, you just have to go slow, I think 14 or slower. Ron? But no, you can't go balls to the wall with a passenger. Also, if you're hovering in the mid 11s, unless someone has just got a hard-on for rule enforcement that day, they aren't going to give you too hard of a time for belts and roll bar. You honestly won't run that at CSW on street tires. I've seen 800HP AWD Porsches struggle in the mid 11s there. If you use my tires you *might*.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #19

If your car is quicker than 14 you cant have a passenger. I wanted to run with Frankie in the car and planned to run slow and let off. When you sign the wiaver for a passenger they check the time on your tech card. I picked a guy in line at tech that was running 14 and he let me use his car #. Frankie got her wrist band to ride. and at the staging lane they don't know. I make my passenger runs the first one of the day. Once they know it is quicker they may bust you. I ran a 13.89 with my daughter and had 3 track workers screaming at me at the time booth. Was not allowed to run again that day.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
If your car is quicker than 14 you cant have a passenger. I wanted to run with Frankie in the car and planned to run slow and let off. When you sign the wiaver for a passenger they check the time on your tech card. I picked a guy in line at tech that was running 14 and he let me use his car #. Frankie got her wrist band to ride. and at the staging lane they don't know. I make my passenger runs the first one of the day. Once they know it is quicker they may bust you. I ran a 13.89 with my daughter and had 3 track workers screaming at me at the time booth. Was not allowed to run again that day.
Haha, they actually yell at you? How lame.