Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Deep-GXP

Yeah i showed you but i know you were busy trying to be in 34325234 places at once.

best runs were 237hp/300tq

I'm loving the torque but i wonder why my hp are much lower.

My tuner is sending me updates via email (with hp tuners). Hopefully we can get a little more out of it

Next mod may be a hi-flow cat...which should give me some decent gains.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep-GXP View Post
Yeah i showed you but i know you were busy trying to be in 34325234 places at once.

My tuner is sending me updates via email (with hp tuners). Hopefully we can get a little more out of it

Yeah, the torque is great but the hp does seem low. How much boost are you running compared to the LNF tune?
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

What revs for peak torque and hp?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Yeah, the torque is great but the hp does seem low. How much boost are you running compared to the LNF tune?
About the same...well actually my tuner made me adjust something and now my Psi shoots straight up to 25psi and holds it for about 1 - 1.5 seconds before going down to about 20-21 and maintains it throughout.

Stock, i was getting 14-17 psi....and it would take much longer to reach it. With my Westers tune it goes straight up to 25psi in each gear before leveling down

The GMPP Sensor upgrade i believe brings it up to 23psi peaks with 20-22 consistant.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What revs for peak torque and hp?

I hope this image is fine. I didnt want to make it too big. If you want it as big as possible, just ask

Old 02-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I hope this image is fine. I didnt want to make it too big. If you want it as big as possible, just ask
That just shows speed, do you know your axle and tire size? I'm guessing that initial bump is the over boost period, but there seems to be quite a fall off in torque as the revs clime. You really want a dyno with both A/F AND Boost to have a better idea of what's really going on. It seems to me like something is getting choked out and you might have quite a bit of power left on the table

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That just shows speed,

Should I have recieved another sheet? This is all i was given.

If i get a Hp tuner log, would you like to look over it ?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Should I have recieved another sheet? This is all i was given.

If i get a Hp tuner log, would you like to look over it ?
The sheet is correct. It's just that the X axis is in MPH not RPM.

Here's one of my old sheets w/ A/F and RPM. These setups take a bit longer (i.e., mo money). This dyno day was for HP numbers basically not for tuning.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:

I think Greg hit the wrong value for the x-axis for your sheet. Let me see if I can get him to email you one with the RPM's at the bottom. That dyno sheet is strange though. Both the hp and tq curves look strange to me... It almost looks as if you're losing boost at a really low RPM level...
Old 02-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I think Greg hit the wrong value for the x-axis for your sheet. Let me see if I can get him to email you one with the RPM's at the bottom. That dyno sheet is strange though. Both the hp and tq curves look strange to me... It almost looks as if you're losing boost at a really low RPM level...
My guess is the bump was the momentary overboost, then because of some other engine config, the turbo was loosing effeciency as it climbed in the rpm range (engine not breathing so well). But honestly this is beyond my pay grade. CornFed could probably tell you a lot more from a glance.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)