Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #1961
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You probably said it in a way that made her feel stupid. Not that you said it in a bad way necessarily. No one likes side seat driving, and she is probably a bit overly sensitive as well. She needs to work on not taking it personally, and you should either offer to drive or bite your tongue.

Flat tax, seems fair. But, dont you think a business, like Apple, eating a larger piece of the pie, should pay more of a tip/ tax?

I think if we charged Billy Joe the same amount of tax that we charge Exxon Mobil, the economy would suffer.
Corporations don't pay taxes they pay tax lawyers to enure they don't have to pay taxes. I could do my taxes myself for free or pay H & R block $100 to get my taxes done. I choose to pay my CPA a fuck whack to do my taxes, but my returns are fucking awesome. I pay a lot in taxes, but not percentage wise.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #1962
Super Moderator

Lol, they pay lawyers who know every loop hole in the book to save probably millions in taxes. But they are still pay millions in taxes, just a lot less than they would.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #1963
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
The thing is though, that it seems like the large corporations and their high level emploees seem to be able to find some kind of shleter to get around taxes. I doubt Apple pays more than 17%. Though, I'm not sure what they do pay, is that even public record? I'm not really sure to be honest. It seems like they have charitable ways to get around it. For example, I remember a few months ago everyone was tripping about how Obama was paying like 14% (can't remember exactly) in taxes... really? come on, I pay in the upper 20%. How is a guy making 5x what I make paying less than me? That seems REAL fair. There really isn't a good solution here I don't think. It's kind of like do the least jacked up thing possible.
Ya, its not fair. The complexity of the tax code is unjust, but its not going to help the governments income to make it easier for people.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #1964
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Corporations don't pay taxes they pay tax lawyers to enure they don't have to pay taxes. I could do my taxes myself for free or pay H & R block $100 to get my taxes done. I choose to pay my CPA a fuck whack to do my taxes, but my returns are fucking awesome. I pay a lot in taxes, but not percentage wise.
Private corporations DO pay net taxes if they have net profit. Unless they're a start up they need net profit if they're going to attract investment capital or commercial loans. How much they pay varies of course, and gets weird in the cases of corporations who get subsidies. The US technically has one of the highest corporate tax rates.

OTOH, nobody who works for government actually pays anything in taxes.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #1965
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Flat tax, seems fair. But, dont you think a business, like Apple, eating a larger piece of the pie, should pay more of a tip/ tax?
What pie is Apple eating exactly?

They are a net benefactor to society. A great giver. An engine of progress. A base for civilization and society. Apple never took a thing from me. The only thing that pisses me off about Apple is they are notorious patent trolls. Fuck them for that. Otherwise, eternal peace and light upon them. They don't owe me shit.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #1966
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What pie is Apple eating exactly?

They are a net benefactor to society. A great giver. An engine of progress. A base for civilization and society. Apple never took a thing from me. The only thing that pisses me off about Apple is they are notorious patent trolls. Fuck them for that. Otherwise, eternal peace and light upon them. They don't owe me shit.
Apple pie?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #1967
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Apple pie?
Haha

The pie thats in all of our wallets.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #1968
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Haha

The pie thats in all of our wallets.
Their existence is a benefit, not a cost to everyone. They trade what they make for what's in you wallet and don't owe anything extra for doing a damn fine job of making what people actually want. Don't want it, don't buy it. Try that with your taxes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #1969
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Their existence is a benefit, not a cost to everyone. They trade what they make for what's in you wallet and don't owe anything extra for doing a damn fine job of making what people actually want. Don't want it, don't buy it. Try that with your taxes.
Im on your side breh. Just making an analogy. The pie is the economy, and the government is the waitress insisting on a tip. The more pie you eat, the more tip she expects.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #1970
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Im on your side breh. Just making an analogy. The pie is the economy, and the government is the waitress insisting on a tip. The more pie you eat, the more tip she expects.
She doesn't deserve a bigger tip! She's just been standing there bitching the whole time.

What I'm balking at is the "fixed pie fallacy". Though no one has stated it explicitly that's what I'm feel'n is being hinted towards.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)