Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #1941
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Does a blower run out?

Listen, ain't hat'n on nitrous, just ain't gonna do it. Frankly, more inclined to really refining the NA motor than even FI. That's the gentlemen's game and I'm nothing if not a fucking gentlemen.
Haha

Hey... hey... ... .......nitrous.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #1942
Fast & Filthy

The Chevelle runs good on nitrous! Like Adam said, if you run out of nitrous you just end up running rich. I have two fuel pumps on the Chevelle, one for the engine and the other is for the nitrous system. The engine one is a Holley black pump that's rated at 130gph and the one for the nitrous system is a Holley red pump rated at 87gph. I'm using the factory 3/8 line for the black pump and ran a seperate 3/8 aluminum line for the red pump. When I wired up my nitrous system I used one toggle switch for the red pump and then another to arm the nitrous system. I have the power for the nitrous system from the red fuel pump switch so if I accidently arm the system without turning on it's fuel pump the system won't come on. That way I can't accidently inject nitrous without fuel. I also run a full throttle switch that is triggered by the carb linkage so as some as I go full throttle the nitrous system activates but some people use a button so they can activate it when they want.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #1943
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
The Chevelle runs good on nitrous! Like Adam said, if you run out of nitrous you just end up running rich. I have two fuel pumps on the Chevelle, one for the engine and the other is for the nitrous system. The engine one is a Holley black pump that's rated at 130gph and the one for the nitrous system is a Holley red pump rated at 87gph. I'm using the factory 3/8 line for the black pump and ran a seperate 3/8 aluminum line for the red pump. When I wired up my nitrous system I used one toggle switch for the red pump and then another to arm the nitrous system. I have the power for the nitrous system from the red fuel pump switch so if I accidently arm the system without turning on it's fuel pump the system won't come on. That way I can't accidently inject nitrous without fuel. I also run a full throttle switch that is triggered by the carb linkage so as some as I go full throttle the nitrous system activates but some people use a button so they can activate it when they want.
Nitrous works, that's for sure. But you don't run it in your car you put heavy street miles on. That's got a blower yo!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #1944

Quote:
Nitrous works, that's for sure. But you don't run it in your car you put heavy street miles on. That's got a blower yo!
But you could....(im for the blower option just felt like trolling you ben)
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 07-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #1945
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
That is correct. However, if you are happy with the way your engine performs now on the street but want it to be faster in the quarter mile you could add a nitrous system for around $500 and pick up a full second. With a 150 shot of nitrous, a ten pound bottle and mid to high 10 second runs you could get around 8 passes on a bottle. Depending on where you fill it a bottle fill cost around $35.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #1946
Super Moderator

And for regular street use a bottle usually lasts about 2 months in my uncles car.

Face it Ben, you are now a nitrous man... its happened... the only thing left for you to do is buy the bottle
Old 07-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #1947
I, Vettezuki

No.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #1948
Super Moderator

Quote:
No.

Lol. I didnt say you had to get a boyfriend too
Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #1949
Super Moderator

I remember this kid came on CF a few years back, with a bone stock smog C3. He asked, instead of wasting money on intake and exhaust, wouldnt it make more sense just to buy a nitrous kit?

The fiscal racer.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #1950
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I remember this kid came on CF a few years back, with a bone stock smog C3. He asked, instead of wasting money on intake and exhaust, wouldnt it make more sense just to buy a nitrous kit?

The fiscal racer.
I'm at the spend zero dollars or don't fuck around stage of life. . . boy racer.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)