Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #181

Just do the H&C. I know i'll send you another payment before xmas. I think we will be right in line with the power that other people make.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20

Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #182
I, Vettezuki

Ron,

That's probably a good middle ground and essentially frees up $250 immediately, that's a set of wheels and tires. We can think about it over the Holidays and decide for sure at the New Year. I'd like to go full Monty, but not at the cost of completing sooner than later.

blackax,

Let me know how much you're planning and I'll put it in the accrual balance. Then just hold it til I call it in which may or may not be before Christmas. Also, where do you get the idea that 250-300whp will put us in the pack at Lemons. My guess is that'd put us well ahead of the bell curve. But I don't know.

This week I'll try to do an estimate of how much money we'll need to complete the car under different scenarios.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ron,
Let me know how much you're planning and I'll put it in the accrual balance. Then just hold it til I call it in which may or may not be before Christmas. Also, where do you get the idea that 250-300whp will put us in the pack at Lemons. My guess is that'd put us well ahead of the bell curve. But I don't know.

This week I'll try to do an estimate of how much money we'll need to complete the car under different scenarios.
Here is a fiero with a 3800. 2400 pounds and 250+ hp.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421629

Its hard to find out how much these car's make. (they dont want to let on that they spent more then 500$)

I'll be in for another $100 by the weeks end.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20

Old 12-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #184
I, Vettezuki

OP Updated. We have about $200.

The FW, Plugs, Coil, Head Gasket, and Wires, are a known entity regardless of final direction on the engine. Perhaps I should order these so they are on hand.

Ron,
If you have links to best choices on Summit, then we can compare to what Guy might be able to get through his supplier and can proceed with this acquisition.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #185
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
OP Updated. We have about $200.

The FW, Plugs, Coil, Head Gasket, and Wires, are a known entity regardless of final direction on the engine. Perhaps I should order these so they are on hand.

Ron,
If you have links to best choices on Summit, then we can compare to what Guy might be able to get through his supplier and can proceed with this acquisition.
Guy's builder can get us better pricing but let's hold off on ordering anything until after I check out the engine. I want to cc the heads and check the piston deck height before we order the head gaskets.

Guy, do you have you stock stock forged pistons still from your Mustang? I have a feeling that this engine is going to have a dished piston and only around 8:1 compression but won't know until I take it apart.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #186
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Guy's builder can get us better pricing but let's hold off on ordering anything until after I check out the engine. I want to cc the heads and check the piston deck height before we order the head gaskets.

Guy, do you have you stock stock forged pistons still from your Mustang? I have a feeling that this engine is going to have a dished piston and only around 8:1 compression but won't know until I take it apart.
Roger,

If someone stumbles across a shit hot deal (Holiday season and people need money) for wheels and tires, bolt-in cage, etc. let me know.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #187
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Roger,

If someone stumbles across a shit hot deal (Holiday season and people need money) for wheels and tires, bolt-in cage, etc. let me know.
I also read that wheels and tires do not count against of $500 total.

Do you want me to check about the SN197 rims and tires that GTR had for sale?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #188
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I also read that wheels and tires do not count against of $500 total.

Do you want me to check about the SN197 rims and tires that GTR had for sale?
Sure, check. Break their balls. We do have $200.

Whatever, there price, if it compares favorably to average market prices we can just go ahead and get them. I'll shake down some of the other project members for the spread.

Correct, wheels, tires, and brakes don't count against the $500. Likewise, I'm going to argue the 8.8" is part of brakes and shouldn't count against the $500 if it comes to that. (We swapped primarily for rear disc brakes, and would have done so regardless of power).

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 12-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #189
Fast & Filthy

I spoke to Gonzalo and found that the rims and tires belong to a customer. I explained what we are doing and he is going to give her a call and see if she will go down of the price for us. I'll try him back in an hour to see if he got a hold of her.

I was also thinking that we might be able to get some magazine coverage for this build and race. GTR writes articles for 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords magazine. Since this is a fox build I'll see if they are interested in using it. 5.0 has never written an article on 24 hrs of LeMons so it would be something new for them.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #190
Fast & Filthy

Ben, I sent you a text. Let me know.