Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybad79 View Post
I'm just saying many feel somewhat comfortable dealing with a long time forum member. I have bought used stuff for the C3 and the C6 and used Paypal only because it was quicker and the seller could ship right away.
I don't have a roblem sending a MO to people I think i can trust. I have bought from Clutchdust and sent him a check/MO... no problems here...

Now ONE individual ruined it for all of us ...used to be able to trust guys on the forum... from now on better use Paypal with CC.....

BTW, Paypal "so called" buyer protection is limited to $200... they might have changed it to a reasonable amount since I had a problem... I bought on Ebay and the seller never shipped: contacted Paypal and they only refunded $200.... I was pissed to say the least, called Visa and got the entire amount back.... no idea what Paypal did after that, never heard from the seller either...
Not true about the $200 limit:

To qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection, you must meet all of these requirements:
Use PayPal to purchase an eligible item on eBay.

Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment. Items purchased with multiple payments-like a deposit followed by a final payment-are not eligible.

Send the payment to the seller through:

The eBay "Pay Now" button, or

The eBay invoice, or

The "Send Money" tab on your PayPal account overview page by selecting "Pay for eBay Items" and entering your eBay User ID and the eBay item number.

Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you sent the payment-then follow the online dispute resolution process.

Keep your PayPal account in good standing.

How do I know if I'm purchasing an eligible item on eBay?
Look for the buyer protection message in the eBay listing in the right hand column under the "Buy Safely" banner. If you see this message, and you meet the eligibility requirements, then your purchase is covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. You can also view this message after you complete your purchase by logging in to your eBay account, going to "My eBay" and looking at the listing. If the listing does not include the buyer protection message, then it is not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:48 PM   #182
Power's off.

Adam,
We can start an alternator thread/stickey another time. there is alot of good info out there.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Old Fart. He just asked a question. Your car is a track car only.
Well I felt the L-48 comment was a veiled insult. I don't have a Caprice/taxicab motor. Never did.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #184
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post
Well I felt the L-48 comment was a veiled insult. I don't have a Caprice/taxicab motor. Never did.
You read too much into it old friend.
BTW, I have a Caprice powered L-81. Rubber baby Buggy Bumpered Disco Buggy.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #185
Power's off.

Good nite guys. I'll talk to ya later. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Dep View Post
Not true about the $200 limit:

Maybe they changed it (which I would appreciate)....

This is getting too far off topic for this thread but anyways....I purchased an item on Ebay earlier this year, paid via Paypal, single payment and the seller never shipped the item. I knew I could trust Visa to get my money back but I tried Paypal first... they emailed me that they only cover $200....

why do you think they ask you twice if you REALLY want to use a credit card while Paypal buyer protection is sooo outstanding.....

Old 12-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #187

Well my credit card IS PayPal. So I have double protection
I've never had a problem with PayPal getting my money back when a transaction went South. Fortunately, I've only had to use them a few times.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #188
Internet Tough Guy

Vettezuki: The concept of this section is good, but be carefull not to let this shit spill to the rest of the site. The lack of this shit is why I like Mototgen.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:51 PM   #189
Internet Tough Guy

I got in this thread throught he homepage on the latest post scroll. If you could take it off thier then people would be less likely to stumble in hear.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #190
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I got in this thread throught he homepage on the latest post scroll. If you could take it off thier then people would be less likely to stumble in hear.
Yes. This is PRECISELY in the plan. Just it all started going down right towards Christmass and we're short on time. We've got to "roll our own" logic to filter it on the homepage, but I guarantee you while we'll allow people to go off so to speak, it will be under strict quarantine to this section.

Anyway, you don't usually read "wannabe ambulance chasing butt pirate" in threads about what the best rockers are. So it's got that going for it.

Please see the rules of this section and let me know if you think they are adequate.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)