Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #1871
Super Moderator

PS, Tapatalk hasnt been working the past few days...
Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #1872
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
2nd that. Put your truck parts on a low interest credit card.

Although I would argue that hookers should also be under column one somewhere.
What truck parts? All the things done to the truck were essential repairs. Tires came with the rims, turbo was needed because the old one was trashed, etc. Everything else has been simple zero cost repairs. Less than1000 total.

years right now are very relevant. WhenI'm gone from the shop I'm gone, no more shop space, etc. I need at least one secondary vehicle. Right now I have none, its not the first loan I took, I took one for my trans I paid off in a year, one for the blue truck that I paid off in 8. I keep accruing credit, right now i'm 755m and only getting better. It's not something I'm think of doing so I can "enjoy my play cars" finished strret car is an easier sell than a broken one and the street car was meant to be another a-b car. Not a play car
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #1873
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
PS, Tapatalk hasnt been working the past few days...
That's cuz the whole damn thing wasn't working from Sunday morning to this morning.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #1874
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
What truck parts? All the things done to the truck were essential repairs. Tires came with the rims, turbo was needed because the old one was trashed, etc. Everything else has been simple zero cost repairs. Less than1000 total.

years right now are very relevant. WhenI'm gone from the shop I'm gone, no more shop space, etc. I need at least one secondary vehicle. Right now I have none, its not the first loan I took, I took one for my trans I paid off in a year, one for the blue truck that I paid off in 8. I keep accruing credit, right now i'm 755m and only getting better. It's not something I'm think of doing so I can "enjoy my play cars" finished strret car is an easier sell than a broken one and the street car was meant to be another a-b car. Not a play car
You can build a shop out of garage or stick up a building on property, or borrow/rent one. They're not scarce. Adam painted a boat hung from a ceiling at an apartment. If you wanna get it done, you will.

The building credit thing is kind of a line of bullshit sold to you mostly by credit card companies. You come in with significant down payment on whatever that is secured by the asset itself and creditors will lend. Period. Interest is money spent on money, it is an opportunity cost. It is defensible when used for large capital purchases (house) or as leverage in business (powerful tool there for extending returns), beyond this it falls off to stupid in a hurry.

Oh, and psychoogy almost EVERYONE speds more than they would have (on principle alone) than they would paying cash. Throw in service on top of that you see why so few people actually have much in the way of working/living capital and get themselves into hand-to-mouth situations.

I know I'm being preachy. But you're young and this shit is dead serious. Get it right now and you'll be totally fine. But your perspective matters a lot. Don't bullshit yourself.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #1875
I, Vettezuki

Finishing a car to sell is a simple business calculation. If you can net more from the sale (reasonably estimated) then borrowing can be perfectly sensible in that case. You net some to the bottom line AND get a liability off your balance sheet (registrations fees, etc.). I don't know why anyone needs two commuter cars unless they just love sacks of shit.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-11-2013, 12:44 AM   #1876
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You can build a shop out of garage or stick up a building on property, or borrow/rent one. They're not scarce. Adam painted a boat hung from a ceiling at an apartment. If you wanna get it done, you will.

The building credit thing is kind of a line of bullshit sold to you mostly by credit card companies. You come in with significant down payment on whatever that is secured by the asset itself and creditors will lend. Period. Interest is money spent on money, it is an opportunity cost. It is defensible when used for large capital purchases (house) or as leverage in business (powerful tool there for extending returns), beyond this it falls off to stupid in a hurry.

Oh, and psychoogy almost EVERYONE speds more than they would have (on principle alone) than they would paying cash. Throw in service on top of that you see why so few people actually have much in the way of working/living capital and get themselves into hand-to-mouth situations.

I know I'm being preachy. But you're young and this shit is dead serious. Get it right now and you'll be totally fine. But your perspective matters a lot. Don't bullshit yourself.
I'll be at a live in academy for eight months, i doubt they'll let me make a makeshift shop in a dorm area. I'm building credit for a house, that's it, not another car, not toys, a house. I don't have a credit card now, and I never will.

when the blue car is finished, it will be worth 13-15k to the right buyer. It's not a hack job car, it was done right and will be finishe'd right. WhI
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #1877
I, Vettezuki

If you have a 20%+ down (which admittedly is kind of a lot in SoCal even at a very entry level house) and CHP gig your credit ain't gonna matter. I'm sure they have their on CU with juicy first time buyer programs where that kind of down or particularly high credit wouldn't be necessary.

Borrowing to finish a car to sell, where the sale price is higher than P+I is straight forward. That makes sense.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #1878
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If you have a 20%+ down (which admittedly is kind of a lot in SoCal even at a very entry level house) and CHP gig your credit ain't gonna matter. I'm sure they have their on CU with juicy first time buyer programs where that kind of down or particularly high credit wouldn't be necessary.

Borrowing to finish a car to sell, where the sale price is higher than P+I is straight forward. That makes sense.
Don't have 20% down, that's part of the problem. Don't need 2 mustangs, I have mine, and the other is an extra in my eyes, perfect for getting towards that 20% Credit matters, I want a bitchen rate and a bitchen house first time around. If I can get both why not? Revolving credit isn't bad, sure it costs money but I have paid 36 months loans in 12 months or less

Pros are running cars, more room for flipping cars again, more time for side jobs. No more stressing about putting away hundreds a month towards a car instead of putting away hundreds a month in savings. Seems pretty straight forward to me, once car sell, loan is wiped and i'm out ahead.

Stopping the world!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #1879
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
I'll be at a live in academy for eight months, i doubt they'll let me make a makeshift shop in a dorm area. I'm building credit for a house, that's it, not another car, not toys, a house. I don't have a credit card now, and I never will.

when the blue car is finished, it will be worth 13-15k to the right buyer. It's not a hack job car, it was done right and will be finishe'd right. WhI
Police academy movies are really goofy. Based on what Ive learned from those movies, you could probably get away with it
Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #1880
Fast & Filthy

If you go to the CHP academy you will not have time to do anything other than study. You will be going non stop for the full 6 months.