Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #171
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder_5555 View Post
^ Blow headgasket is no problem as long as the problems stop there or with a slightly warped head at worst. It should only take a few hours to get it off, a day at a machine shop, and a few hours to put it back together.

As for the tops, great point, I hadn't though about something like that. Sell them for a few hundred, and replace them for $5.

As far as possible overheating issues I would assume that we are looking at either a leak somewhere, T-stat, water pump (which would be probably be leaking), or brown sludge if someone mixed coolant types (which isn't that likely since IIRC mustangs have never used anything other than green from the factory.)
Your time schedules are way off, hour to remove, hour at a machine shop. Couple hours for reassembly.

Even if it does blow a head gasket doesnt mean the heads need to be surfaced. Besides, no one really payed any attention to what my builder did for us but whatever.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 11-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #172
pain's fun, hit me again

Also i think the mustang II is a great choice. Trailer sale could put us ahead of our purchase price. Also no need to buy the safety equipment
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Old 11-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #173
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Also i think the mustang II is a great choice. Trailer sale could put us ahead of our purchase price. Also no need to buy the safety equipment
Even just keeping the trailer since a trailer is needed to get around. But yeah, it kind has some goof appeal and might be easier to get in on theme. Of course we have no idea if the safety equipment (cage) is worth a shit.

Ron, Carlos, Phil, what do you guys think of the MII?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #174
pain's fun, hit me again

It would be easy to tell. People scrap race cars like that all the time since class rules constantly change

Stopping the world!

Old 11-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #175
Fast & Filthy

Sorry guys but I was in Atlanta, GA this week for business. I don't see the overheating being an issue. Guy, Phil and I could probably have the heads pulled in a couple hours. I'm in for the '85 or the MII if the rest of you are. As for how much you want me to put in just let me know.

Phil and I have an open 20ft trailer so we could sell the trailer if you decide on the MII.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #176
I, Vettezuki

Seems the MII is just a rolling chassis. How much could the trailer fetch and how much would a powerplant drive line be?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #177
Fast & Filthy

I didn't look at the add so I didn't know it didn't have an engine/trans. If that's the case I think the '85 which looks like it's an '83 and not an '85 would be better.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #178
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I didn't look at the add so I didn't know it didn't have an engine/trans. If that's the case I think the '85 which looks like it's an '83 and not an '85 would be better.
That's how I'm reading it.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2669718237.html

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Old 11-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #179
pain's fun, hit me again

Healthy coat of paint the trailer can sell for $500 to $1000

Turnkey engines can be had for 200 or less

Stopping the world!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #180

I'd buy the trailer off of you. I've been needing one
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20