Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 AM   #161
I, Vettezuki

There is definitely a radiator leak. Or some coolant leak around a hose to/from the radiator on the driver side. But it's moderate, so I'm not going to worry about it until it passes smog.Then I'll pull it have a rad shop check/fix. There was/is literally sand/dirt setting in the reservoir from somewhere. Probabbly a leftover from when the car was sitting with an empty rad.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #162

Could be the hose itself too.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 10-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #163
I, Vettezuki

Returned the unnecessarry ECU. Looks like LKQ has a fender in the right color in oregon for $125. Once I pass smog I'll turn my attention to cosmetic stuff. Unfortunately, LKQ doesn't carry trim pieces, or air dam, etc. So there might be a moderate amount of rooting around to make it look good.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #164
I, Vettezuki

New muffler came in today in just enough time to race down for a Smog test. It passed! It's pretty clean on everythign except HC, which remain highish, but in allowable range. (54 ppm where 61ppm is the limit and 4 is the average.) Maybe it's just the computer still sorting out fuel trims, who knows. After muffler and smog, put on some new front tires to match the rears, so it has a decent set of shoes now. Now it's on details, like a new fender, windshield, getting the passenger door to open and so on, but it's getting there and will all and all be in very good condition when I'm done.

The Fender, which is in the right color, is only $125. Pick a Part will do windshield for $85 if they can find an Aveo, $120 with new glass. Probably just a couple weeks until it's ready for sale. I'll drive it a little bit myself first to make sure that I'm passing on something in total good faith.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #165
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'll drive it a little bit myself first to make sure that I'm passing on something in total good faith.
They dont make em like you anymore.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #166
Fast & Filthy

That's a higher allowable limit then my '94 Cobra, WTF!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #167

That's because they want your 19 year old car off the roads.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 10-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #168
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
That's a higher allowable limit then my '94 Cobra, WTF!
I don't know, but it might be a combination of all the emissions depending on car and engine type and remember this car gets mid 30 mpg pretty easily so total resource consumption (fuel economy) might factor into the rules. But I don't really know.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #169
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
They dont make em like you anymore.
My basic life philosophy is the golden rule, and if everyone did it to their ability, this place would be pretty much perfect right now as far as human interactions were concerned.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #170
Super Moderator

The Cobra prob just had a much more efficient design, better combustion chamber and higher compression equals better combustion and less waste.

The levels have to be based off of a stock model.