Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #151
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I still think Lost Souls is their best album.
It's great. Much darker over all though. I find myself listening to SC a bit more on average. Almost Forgot Myself is one of if not my personal favorite Doves song.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #152
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Keane Somewhere Only We Know > Keane Atlantic
Somewhere Only We Know is too poppy (read predictalble/boring, though I don't mean it so negatively) for me. Atlantic, and several other tracks on Under the Iron Sea are much stronger musically for my tastes. Keep in mind I'm a huge Bjork fan . . . including the really weird shit.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #153
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's great. Much darker over all though. I find myself listening to SC a bit more on average. Almost Forgot Myself is one of if not my personal favorite Doves song.
On Lost Souls I love Catch the Sun, Break Me Gently, Firesuite, and Valley. Great songs!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:53 AM   #154
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
On Lost Souls I love Catch the Sun, Break Me Gently, Firesuite, and Valley. Great songs!
For me generally, but depending on mood, my preference of these songs would be

Firesuite (great for cruising late at night by yourself)
Valley
Break Me Gently

Catch the Sun is cool, but I've gotta be in the right mood. In other words, it has less power to "put me in a mood". This may be an odd distinction for a non-musician.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 AM   #155
I, Vettezuki

I thought I might have posted this before, but apparently not. It's easily in the Top 5, and sometimes #1 piece I'd like to hear before I die, if I get a choice.

I could bore with some interesting musicological details, but I'll stick to the basics. Bartok wrote this concerto more or less on his death bed with the hopes of it being a somewhat more popular piece that could make some money for his wife after he died.

I was always hoping, and still do, that ya'lls will mention what it is that you like about what you're listening to, or what it reminds you of, or whatever. A bit more than, "I'm listening to X". When you feel like it.

I especially like this from 6:30. Listen to the clouds of fast notes that create a sense of weightlessness and disembodiment in how they sit against the held notes of the winds, like at 8:30. I love the power and declaration from 9:40; the dissonance, that gives way to a gentle release at 10:10.

I'm not being technical at all, but does this description still sound like a foreign language?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #156
Neanderthal

"Flower Power Songs of the 60s"--10 disk set. Real songs for real men.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #157
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
"Flower Power Songs of the 60s"--10 disk set. Real songs for real men.
There were 10 discs worth of flower power songs?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #158
I, Vettezuki

Leaving So Soon? - Keane

This song has a great flow/momentum.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #159
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There were 10 discs worth of flower power songs?
Yes, 10 disks.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 05-09-2009, 02:58 AM   #160
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Yes, 10 disks.
Discs. As in Compact Disc.

God I'm an a-hole sometimes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)