Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #151
Power's off.

I would also like to know when you guys are there. Maybe I'll loan you guys some air tools, and bring some surprise guests by.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #152
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
I would also like to know when you guys are there. Maybe I'll loan you guys some air tools, and bring some surprise guests by.
From about 11:00.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #153
Fast & Filthy

So how did things go today? What did you discuss and do? Oh, and how did you like the cage now that you saw it in person?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #154
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
So how did things go today? What did you discuss and do? Oh, and how did you like the cage now that you saw it in person?
Today we spent most of the day sanding the car down. Enkei then put the body filler on and we're going to sand it out some day this week.

Leedom popped out the sun roof and the dash. Vettezuki took the wheels off and ran things all day.

As for your fabrication work, well, it's incredible! The cage looks amazing in person and the motor mounts are a work of art. You are a master
Old 03-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #155
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Today we spent most of the day sanding the car down. Enkei then put the body filler on and we're going to sand it out some day this week.

Leedom popped out the sun roof and the dash. Vettezuki took the wheels off and ran things all day.

As for your fabrication work, well, it's incredible! The cage looks amazing in person and the motor mounts are a work of art. You are a master
Thanks. Do you have any pictures of the work today? What are you going to do about the dent on the drivers rear quarter panel near the tail light? Are you just going to fill it or are you going to hammer it out (I hope this is the route you take).
Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 PM   #156
Power's off.

Quote:
Very nice. The "old farts" were impressed.

http://vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3310
Old 03-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #157
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Thanks. Do you have any pictures of the work today? What are you going to do about the dent on the drivers rear quarter panel near the tail light? Are you just going to fill it or are you going to hammer it out (I hope this is the route you take).
Ben actually taped the action today with his camera via time lapse. He's going to post the video up here soon I think. As for the dent, Enkei pulled it out almost completely and then just had to use a very small amount of filler.

All things considered the body isn't in too bad of shape. We did find that it had a little bit of body work on the driver's side quarter panel, but that was about it.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #158
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Very nice. The "old farts" were impressed.

http://vettemod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3310
Oh and I just want to go on record as saying the electrical work you did Bird is also incredible. The whole thing is amazingly clean
Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #159
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Ben actually taped the action today with his camera via time lapse. He's going to post the video up here soon I think. As for the dent, Enkei pulled it out almost completely and then just had to use a very small amount of filler.

All things considered the body isn't in too bad of shape. We did find that it had a little bit of body work on the driver's side quarter panel, but that was about it.
Good to hear. I got a little scared when you said that you sanded it and then used body filler without mentioning pulling any dents. I should have know better than that going off Adam's previous body work. He seems to be as bad of a perfectionist as me.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #160
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Good to hear. I got a little scared when you said that you sanded it and then used body filler without mentioning pulling any dents. I should have know better than that going off Adam's previous body work. He seems to be as bad of a perfectionist as me.
My brother an I continued on to about 10:00pm. I'll put up video in a day or two and fill in detail, but I'm a bit tired now.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)